Now For Something Completely Different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now For Something Completely Different

Hello again to all my fellow SVO/WVO pioneers. I have started this thread as a sort of "trial balloon," if y'all don't like it and think it irrelevant, please say so and I will not post anything else.
    I get "Investment Newsletters" from the USA. I don't have any money to invest, but some, of late, have made, to me at least, very interesting reading. I am placing below the most recent. There are several others about the rising price of corn, the massive increase in the price of tortillas in Mexico, the return of the dust bowl, all of which are relevant to what we are doing and what is going on in the world in general.
    Regards
    Geoff Otherside532

Why Conventional Ethanol Policies Are a Scam
    By Jeff Clark
    February 13, 2007
    It's promoted as the answer to energy independence.
    It's touted as the solution to global warming. It's hyped as a way to actually clean our air. It's a bird... It's a plane...
    It's corn-based ethanol. And unfortunately, it's a scam.
    Okay, "scam" might be a little harsh. Let's just say ethanol is an inefficient alternative fuel that can't possibly live up to the hype.
    The hype climaxed this past summer as the shares of every company even remotely involved in the production, transportation, or marketing of ethanol surged to all-time highs. The shares have since fallen back down to Earth. In fact, most of the stocks have given back as much as 60%-70% of their gains.
    The declines suffered by the likes of Pacific Ethanol and VeraSun Energy have been so severe that I thought I might be able to find a few bargain-basement ideas in the ethanol sector recently.
    I was wrong.
    The economics of the ethanol industry are simply not suitable for longer-term investing, say, five years or more. But first, let me tell you why the general furor over ethanol will be short-lived.

You see, creating ethanol involves taking feedstock – typically corn or grain – and heating it so that the sugar in the feedstock separates from the starch. Yeast is added to ferment the sugar to ethanol. Then the ethanol is distilled and the water is separated from the mixture through dehydration. It's a relatively simple process. But there are two main elements that make it inefficient from a cost/benefit perspective...
    1. Using corn as feedstock is expensive: Corn is limited in supply, and there are other demands for it, such as a food source for humans and cattle. As the price of corn increases – and it's currently trading at record highs in the spot market – the cost of producing ethanol increases.
    2. Natural gas is used to heat the feedstock to separate the sugars from the starch: This process uses about two-thirds of the amount of energy that ethanol generates. Many studies suggest that if you add to this the energy that it takes to grow and transport the grain, then ethanol just barely generates a bit more energy than it consumes.
    Like I said, it's an inefficient alternative fuel. But don't bother telling that to the folks in Washington. They love the idea of ethanol. After all, in Washington, D.C., no bad idea goes unfunded.
    When it comes to investing, politics do matter. The party that controls the legislature gets to decide which pet projects to invite indoors to lie down by the fire and which pets to kick to the curb. And, under the new regime in Washington, no pet is more spoiled than renewable energy – aka, ethanol.
    Not that Republicans abused the creature. In fact, the ethanol industry benefited quite well from the Energy Policy Act of 2005. But under Democratic leadership, Congress likely will expand many of the act's mandates, such as the increased use of ethanol as a fuel additive. And that means it's boom time for the ethanol industry.
    Already, companies including VeraSun, Pacific Ethanol, and Aventine Renewable Energy are announcing record revenues and record profits. But it won't last.
    Here's why the spike in earnings is temporary: Markets work. It doesn't take long for a spike in demand to quickly be met by a spike in supply.

Record profits and revenues attract competition. Currently, 102 ethanol plants are in operation, 32 are under construction, and another 127 are in early planning stages, according to a recent Dow Jones article.
    If all those proposed plants come online, they'll soon be producing about 16 billion gallons of ethanol per year. That's four times the 2005 level and more than twice the amount required by 2012.
    It'll take about 5.7 billion bushels of corn – roughly three times the amount used in 2005 – to create that amount of ethanol. No wonder corn prices are at record highs.
    And with corn prices at record highs, ethanol production is much less profitable.
    So we're rapidly moving from a situation where oil companies were scrambling to buy ethanol at any price in order to comply with the MTBE replacement mandate to one where producers are flooding the market with about twice the supply to meet the required demand six years from now.
    Do the big swings in sentiment towards alternative fuels give us low-risk trading opportunities? Sure. But it's not a situation that offers a lot of promise for long-term investors.
    Best regards and good trading,
    Jeff Clark

P.S. Just because ethanol stinks as a fuel doesn't mean we can't make money here. After all, the public's love of ethanol – and the politicians' desire to appease the public – all but guarantees the corn-based ethanol scam will continue. In tomorrow's edition, I'll show you the best way to profit.

China imported a near-record average of 3.22 million barrels of crude oil per day in January, taking advantage of a 19-month low in global oil prices and stocking up for an expected spike in demand during the Lunar New Year holiday.
    The 3.5 percent rise in imports from January 2006 underlines China's growing importance to world markets, which now provide nearly half the country's crude and where China trails only Japan and the United States as a buyer.
    -Reuters
    The push to increase global energy supplies has led to unprecedented cost inflation for the labor and equipment needed to find and produce crude oil and natural gas, according to a new cost index from consultant Cambridge Energy Research Associates.
    The index has risen 53% since 2004 and shows no signs of significantly slowing in the near future. "The last two years have been varoom – almost dizzying in terms of costs. I don't think anyone has seen a cost escalation this big, this fast and this pervasive," says CERA Chairman Daniel Yergin.
    The costs of vessels needed to install platforms and drill wells have shot up, led by drilling rigs, which more than tripled in the past year. The cost of fabrication, specialized equipment and engineering have all increased more than 15% in the past year.
    -Wall Street Journal

Re: Now For Something Completely Different

Well David, you really did stick your neck out didn't you Anyway as the saying goes "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

The perfect energy source already exists, we just haven't figured out how to use it effectively. Our Sun puts roughly one kilowatt of energy per day per square metre on most of the densely populated parts of this planet. And this energy is free! Most major sources of power currently in use are derived from the Sun; oils (fossil and bio) coal, hydro, wind, wave and solar (obviously), with varying levels of efficiency.

Given that the main energy source (sun) is free in bio fuels, and though it may not be at the moment, the nett amount of energy produced can and should be positive. If it's not, we ain't doing it right.

Anyway, I believe that biofuels for personal transportation are a 'transition fuel', and that ultimately all personal transportation devices (cars bikes etc) will be electric. It's only a matter of time.

But back to SVO / WVO. Plants are still relatively efficient at converting solar energy to a fuel we can use in a vehicle, selecting the right plant for the job is in it's infancy. It is expedient (but inefficient) to use existing crops, but this will change. Also it can be carbon neutral relatively easily and cheaply.

So what we really need is a new Rudolf Diesel to design a new infernal combustion engine to run on SVO straight out of the box. A built in sensor that would determine the type type of oil in the tank based on viscosity and combustion characteristics. Then it wouldn't matter whether it was palm oil, canola oil, a new hybrid or an oil/ethanol blend that went in the tank.

This new motor would have to be 'a walk up start' and the technology already exists!

cheers - you Commie radical hippy type. The Attorney Generals Department (aka ASIO) has you on their watch list now

Michael

Comment

I must admit, that while biodiesel is forced to hitch it's wagon to the ethanol train, I've never liked it.

Biodiesel far far greener credentials to ethanol. Ethanol is not far off petroleum in many respects and the only thing that it has going for it is that it is renewable. However, renewable is a tight stretch considering the energy required to make it and the feedstock required. Biodiesel has the same feedstock issues, but not the energy ones.

Whichever way we look at it biofuels are not the whole answer, they are a transitional fuel as we try to reduce global warming and reduce fossil carbon dependence.

David is right, we do need to be critical, analytical and sceptical - this is healthy. We need to be scientific and objective about this and keep asking questions and learning.

There may be cleaner and better ways of making ethanol that I don't know about, but I'm prepared to leave it open, as the public first thinks of this when they hear biofuel.

Hey, should we move this thread out of the SVO area and into the ethanol discussion?
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

Robert,

It appears to me that the main problem of ethanol production is the energy required to heat the mash / fuel stock. If this were a solar still that argument would evaporate (pun intended).

A thermostatically controlled flow rate and parabolic tracking mirrors would solve most of the issues. It could be made small enough for domestic / private use.

All that would be required is unimpeded solar access, the solar still, suitable fuel stock, et voilà, ethanol.

Consume in moderation, Michael

Comment

WOW! I guess I really popped your cork David. It is amazing that you and I think so similarly. My ex wife would think that you are as looney as she thought I was/am. Your remark about "the tortilla" was particularly relevant, and as I told you, I reckon you've been reading my mail. I am taking the liberty of placing "The Mexican Tortilla Crisis" article here for everyone's consideration and comment. There is also some interesting stuff about water.
          Carry on ranting David, I am with you
          Kind regards
          Geoff Otherside532

The Mexican Tortilla Crisis
          By Tom Dyson
          February 9, 2007
          The price of food is skyrocketing... and it's starting to cause problems.
          "China orders crackdown on food hoarding," says a headline in last month's International Herald Tribune.
          In December, the Chinese prime minister ordered the sale of huge emergency supplies of rice and wheat in order to put downward pressure on food prices.
          Not only are rising food prices causing China's inflation rate to ramp up to the fastest pace in almost two years, they're also causing social unrest. Some 150 million people in China still live on less then $1 a day...
          When food prices rise, these people starve.

Mexico is facing similar problems. If you believe the official line, tortilla prices rose 14% last year. The real situation could be much worse. In one northern Mexican state, a kilo of tortillas has risen from six pesos to 30 pesos since November. That's a 400% increase in two months!
          Corn tortillas are a staple food in Mexico... in other words, tortillas are a significant daily expense for more than half of the Mexican population who live in poverty.

Last month, a huge angry mob of housewives vented its frustration at Mexico's President Calderon. He was making a public appearance... and they pleaded with him to do something about the soaring tortilla prices. Why Iowa Farmers Are About To Get Rich
          A $20 Million Pile of Gold… In Iowa
          Dinner With An Iowa Commodities Broker
          Then last week, 70,000 protesters marched through Mexico City waving tortillas and taunting the president.
          The problem here is simple. The United States is the world's largest exporter of corn, and many nations rely on U.S. corn for food... Japan, Mexico, Taiwan, Canada, Egypt and Colombia are all big corn importers. According to statistics at the National Corn Growers Association, the United States grew 42% of the world's total corn crop last year.
          World Corn Production 2004/05
          Here's the thing: According to BusinessWeek, ethanol production will consume half of the United States annual corn harvest by 2008.
          In other words, the craze for biofuels is about to chew up 20% of the world's corn harvest.
          Corn is up 14% already this year… and up 100% in the last six months. Given how important corn is, it's not surprising all the major newspapers and magazines are writing about it.
          Thing is, as a potential investor in corn, all these headlines are making me nervous. I've learned over and over again that when an investment starts to look like a one-way bet, it's probably about to go down. Add in the fact that the corn price has risen in a vertical line for the last six months, and the market starts to look really dangerous.
          In conclusion, I'm definitely a long-term bull on food prices, and I think the civil strife in places like Mexico will get a lot worse before it gets better. But for now, I'm happy to wait for a shakeout and watch the action from the sidelines.

Biodiesel could be "this year's ethanol" in the view of Leigh Goering, portfolio manager for the natural resources fund at Chilton Investment Company.

A recent survey by an energy and utilities research firm suggests that biodiesel could soon join ethanol as one of the most important alternative fuels, saying the global market for biodiesel is poised for explosive growth in the next 10 years.

The Emerging Markets Online survey predicts that the fuel could represent as much as 20 per cent of all on-road diesel used in Brazil, Europe, China and India by the year 2020.

-Financial Times
          Amid this water scarcity, China has gone on to become the world's third-largest bio-ethanol producer after Brazil and the U.S., pouring thousands of gallons of water to grow a ton of corn, and then using more water to turn the corn into ethanol.

Just because there is not a worldwide market in water, it doesn't mean the price of wasting this scarce resource in making fuel won't have to be paid. The adjustment will come through food prices. And it will be severe.

China and India, which are going dry, will import more food. As urbanization gathers momentum, many farmers in India will sell their water entitlement to condominium and factory owners.

When two of the world's top three grain producers become importers, it will have a big impact on prices internationally.

-Andy Mukherjee, Bloomberg

Comment

David, you sound like your having a mid life crisis, only thing is I agree with you down to a T.

We are screwed which ever way we go with politicians and vested interests, always will be, greed is a powerful motivator.

Biodiesel made with waste oil as you do or I do is a far better prospect than ethanol as its currently made and the solar still idea can be transported to biodiesel production as well, I fully intend to go solar asap, methanol recovery included.

Now I must take you to task wrt Solar panels, they DO NOT require more energy to make than they produce, it may have been true when they first hit the market in the late 60's but not for a long time has it been so. Common thought is that they make up for their manufacture after about two years of normal day time running. After that they make something for nothing, well not really they do cost the earth so the poor are not going to be getting them soon.

Australia receives more solar power in one day than the whole planet uses in a year, now go and design the solar system to do that!

Matt
            Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Well David, now I know you read my mail, or we both read the same. I have the article by the Cornell chap on my computer, can't remember where I found it.
              The Investment newsletter guy in America is really banging the ethanol drum. The item below arrived today. The other bit about George Dubya and his Union in a State message is also interesting. As far as "conspiracy theory/ies" go, I have been a convert to that for over 25 years. An unelected world "supra government" with malevolent motives which uses politicians as puppets and prostitutes is the only thing that makes sense of the stupid activities of those who supposedly govern and make the decisions. The establishment media are also in on it, you only have to look at the Bildeberger Society membership and see who owns what, to connect the dots.
              I have said that I am against deep philosophical discussions here, and I am, but, I would just say this. There are some bible verses which are absolutes and one is Proverbs 22:7 which says "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender" CAn't argue with that one
              Regards
              Geoff Otherside532

The Right Way to Speculate in Ethanol
              By Jeff Clark

Imagine being able to fuel your cars with energy produced from yard waste. All the sticks and clippings from our lawns, parks, and schoolyards could be turned into a renewable source of ethanol.
              It can happen. But not in the same way that corn-based ethanol is produced...
              The two biggest expenses in the production of corn-based ethanol are the cost of the corn and the cost of the natural gas used in the production process.
              But what if you could produce ethanol from widely available and essentially useless resources, like the aforementioned yard clippings and wood chips? And what if one of the byproducts of that process – lignin – could replace natural gas as the heat source in ethanol production? That eliminates the two largest expenses in the production process and creates an economically viable alternative fuel.
              Therein lays the promise of cellulosic ethanol.
              Cellulose is the main component of plant cell walls and the most common organic compound on earth. It's more difficult to break down cellulose to convert it into useable sugars for ethanol production.
              Yet, making ethanol from cellulose dramatically expands the types and amount of available material for ethanol production. This includes many materials now regarded as waste requiring disposal, as well as corn stalks, rice straw, wood chips, and "energy crops" of fast-growing trees and grasses.

Until 2005, companies had no financial motivation to aggressively pursue the production of cellulosic ethanol. But as I pointed out in yesterday's issue, that's all about to change. The increasing price of corn has rendered corn-based ethanol inefficient... and so large agricultural companies such as Archer Daniels Midland are pursuing cellulosic ethanol.
              And why not? The government is right there to help with the funding...
              The Energy Policy Act, signed into law in August 2005, contains several provisions designed to spur cellulosic ethanol production, including:
              • A credit-trading program wherein one gallon of cellulosic biomass ethanol or waste-derived ethanol is equal to 2.5 gallons of renewable fuel.
              • A cellulosic biomass program to produce 250 million gallons in 2013.
              • A loan-guarantee program that provides up to $250 million for the construction of a cellulosic ethanol facility.
              • Production incentives to deliver the first billion gallons of annual cellulosic ethanol production.
              So here we have the potential for a renewable energy product that's made from otherwise useless resources. It's cheap, highly energy efficient, and funded by the government. And there are several terrific speculations on the future fuel...
              Why Housing Makes for Great Trading
              It's Time to Buy Oil - Almost
              A Government-Mandated Bull Market

Out of fairness to subscribers to The Big Trend Report, I can't name my favorite plays in the sector. However, I can tell you to the best cellulosic ethanol plays are in one of the great growth sectors of the next few years: Biotechnology.
              One of the breakthrough companies in this area has studied the chemicals that make up the enzymes found in the intestinal tracts of termites. The most explosive growth should come from the companies like this one... that produce and market the enzymes used in cellulosic ethanol production.
              It's still early in this ballgame... so cellulosic ethanol plays (like most biotech companies) trade on the potential for a breakthrough discovery, rather than on the basis of sound fundamental analysis.
              But find the winners in this game, and you'll be profiting long after corn-based ethanol has gone the way of the mule and plow.

In his State of the Union speech last month, President Bush pretty much repeated the energy proposals he made in his 2006 State of the Union speech.
              At that time, he called for us to reduce our use of oil by 75 percent of the 25 or so percent we import from the Middle East. The only difference this time around: He wants to achieve the goal in 10 years instead of 20.
              What will get us to that goal? The latest fad of energy policy: ethanol. Calls for expanded ethanol production won the president repeated bursts of applause at January's joint session of Congress. Since most of our ethanol is derived from corn, all members of Congress from corn-growing states such as Indiana, I'm sure, were up on their feet cheering.
              Unfortunately, corn-derived ethanol simply cannot provide a significant substitute for oil. Last year we used 14 percent of our corn crop to produce about 3 percent of all transportation fuel. To get to President Bush's goal by 2017 with corn ethanol, we'd need to use more than 100 percent of our current corn crop just for fuel.
              -Peter Grossman, Indy Star

Comment

Hi,

This all points back to SVO as the fuel of choice for the transition. Why pour energy into veg oils to 'refine' them when they would (or could) work in an engine anyway.

With SVO all that is required is a farm, a suitable oil crop, a press, and you have fuel. If the press is cold the 'waste' makes excellent animal feed. If the farm were sustainable all the better and all it would be selling is "bottled sunlight" aka the excess and free solar energy the farm receives.

Sounds utopian? We're almost there!

Michael, the rapidly ageing, pinko, hippy, eternal optimist, who's been on ASIO's watch list since 11/11/1975.

Comment

Originally posted by W123 x 2 View Post
                  So what we really need is a new Rudolf Diesel to design a new internal combustion engine to run on SVO straight out of the box.
                  That new Rudolf Diesel was Ludwig Elsbett and the year was 1979. He also designed the first turbo direct-injection diesel engine. See Introduction - Elsbett AG .

Comment

David,

My, you are in a positive mood aren't you!? Just remember that when a plane or ship leaves for it's destination, it's off course 95% of the time. They still get there because of all the adjustments that are made along the way.

This is where we are at - off course and making adjustments to get to our destination.

Jake,

Thanks for the link. I had visited the site before but only looked at the kits. He's done some interesting work.

cheers, Michael

Comment

Originally posted by David
                      I think the conversion of the oil plant is not the only issue. Everything I am reading whether be it pro or against bio fuels all agree that there simply isn't enough land to produce enough oil. In fact, I have read in a couple of places that if all the farmland in the US were turned over to farming fuel crops, they would still only be able to produce 8% of the CURRENT US oil consumption. AS the current US mentality is to produce an energy negative replacement fuel rather than actually cut down on their gluttonous energy consumption, it seems likely that the percentage of fossil fuel they are able to replace will continue to diminish.
                      The USA is going to the hot place in a hand basket and it's a case of "don't confuse us with facts, we know best and we have more guns and bombs than you to prove it.
                      Ironically as the current production techniques are energy negative, the more fossil fuel they try to replace the quicker they will run out of what is available!
                      What they are going to do for food when all the farmland is growing fuel, may become bit of a dilemma as well.
                      Invade Canada. Canada has WMD (Wheat for Mass Distribution!)
                      There is a lot mentioned about algae but it appears that no one is producing any fuel from it other than the possibility of test size batches. Certainly whatever is being produced is virtually so little as not to be making any contribution as a fuel source whatsoever. From what I have read of this, at present development we would have to cover all the worlds oceans with algae to even come close to meeting the worlds current oil needs

As far as I can see, the only way Biodiesel or SVO is a good thing environmentally and from an energy efficiency POV is if it is produced on a small scale by the end user be this from WVO or home grown SVO. Certainly though, using home grown SVO would be ideal from many points of view especially energy efficiency but is of course limited in viability to only a tiny minority.
                      I agree totally, which is my idea for "Geoff's Gourmet Gas." Every small town with a chippie could have at least some oil from what the chippie uses and reduce fossil fuel by 80-90%. The cheapest I have found "cooking oil" is NZ$1.40 per litre. If a chippy used 100 litres a week (NZ$140.00) and then converted it to WVO for a diesel vehicle they would save NZ$100.00per week on diesel thus making the cooking oil NZ0.40 per litre and all the other benefits
                      The ultimate efficiency in veg oils would be gained by those using something like 2 tank systems fueled by WVO closely followed I guess by those using WVO blended with fossil fuel. I now know my previous idea of blending WVO with ethanol for maximum environmental benefit was a mistake.
                      Exactly. A 2 tank system is almost like a licence to print money. My Mousso is a perfect example. 240 km for NZ$0.15

Home made BioDiesel which is virtually all made from waste oil used in food production would also be energy positive and have enviro benefits in contrast to commercially produced equivalents.

I read something this morning that confirmed what I first thought that right now we are better off using fossil fuels while we further investigate and develop more efficient ways of producing Plant based fuels as well as other clean energy generation methods.

It is very disappointing to find out these truths about Bio fuels but I guess it is a heck of a lot better that at least some people know the truth so they may stop others who believe they are helping the planet from actually destroying it. I know that I will no longer champion the use of commercially made biofuels as doing so is actually hurting the environment rather than helping it.
                      I agree again David, it is like when you stop banging your head against a brick wall, it is very nice. I can sympathize with some of the old testament prophets who were "watchmen" on the walls, warning the people and the kings of what was coming down the pike. They were at best, ignored, at worst, killed. I have been speaking out for years and ignored, even though the "experts" are now saying it. I am like you, ready to just take care of my wife and me in backwoods Bay of Islands and everybody else can go whistle Dixie as far as I am concerned. I leave you with a couple of scriptures which i believe sum up my current philosophy and feelings:-
                      1) Phillipians 2:12 Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling
                      2) 1Timothy 5:8 If you don't provide for your own, you are worse than an infidel, or words to that effect.
                      I am certainly not preaching at anyone, just expressing my views

Kind regards to all as ususal
                      Geoff Otherside532

Comment

David and Geoff,

After much consideration I think the only remaining option for you guys is to forsake the automobile and return to the horse and cart. That way you could circle the wagons and fend off all conspiracy theories - biblically inspired or otherwise.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by W123 x 2 View Post
                          David and Geoff,

After much consideration I think the only remaining option for you guys is to forsake the automobile and return to the horse and cart. That way you could circle the wagons and fend off all conspiracy theories - biblically inspired or otherwise.

Michael
                          Michael,
                          Many thanks for those pearls of wisdom.
                          It is a good idea, but impractical, short of me moving to OZ or David coming here. We would also need a lot of wagons to circle to keep out the conspiratorial hordes, or the hordes of conspiratorials even. The way things are heading everybody may need a horse and wagon just to get to the shop, if there are any!
                          Thanks anyway. I am sure David will have an appropriate riposte or 3.
                          Regards
                          Geoff Otherside532

Comment

Thought provoking rants.Insights and missives indeed.
                            I like the joint ,planet earth that is.True that alternate veiws from the controlled mainstream mind attarcts the attention of the mainstream.The spin doctors spinning the mull are way on some wacked out principle of domination and mind control.We all know that.Even the 4 year old kid knows about the war and the doom that looms around the corner.
                            It was and is interesting to see how the cowboys of texas are at it again .The green gold rush is on.The last time it happened the wipe out of the Hopi's and the great Manitou in the fall out.But watch out.These guys have progressed.They want it all this time.Lock stock and barrel.
                            They do crazy stuff.Even get the hombre to compromise on the regular tortilla menu.
                            Let us take a step back in time.
                            Did I say time???.The ticking of the clock or the bio clock of the earth itself.I meant history.A very important indicator.Here I would like to suggest to the dreamers to start count down from before the Industrial Revolution and trace back about 4000 years.
                            I know the excercise is scary.But it is bound to unravel facts , fiction and myths.
                            Considering the factual evidence we see how civilzations from the Mayas,the greeks,the aryans,the dravidians and celtics lived and procreated in harmony with nature.I am sure that energy.Which again is a very very broad term in essence was a pivotal factor defining lifestyle and quality of living.When Dr.Plank submitted his thesis on wave theory and the first law of thermodynamics established and documented the facts of universal energy constant.We had then again learned and actually replicated what was already a known phenomena.Its is like fashion changing.The faded denim and hipsters are back.
                            Wether it is bio fuels or energy optimisation techniques that are being now furiously revisited in the hall ways of Power houses and laboratories alike.Investors keenly manupulating the concealed facts and building up on false portfolios.Fact remains.Where do we go from here.
                            Today the world is probably going through the most interesting times of change.Both in mind set(even hippies can now be hippies) and behavioural activity in normal lifestyle of day to day living.
                            With the availabilty of tools,knowledge base and out of square thinking a mass agenda needs to be compiled that without prejudice or leanings really looks at the striving problems that the globe is going thruough.Not that efforts are not being channelised in this window.But lack of a rationale and exchange networking modules falls way short when delivering.
                            Kyoto protocol is a classic case which stares in everyones face as a dark reminder that the big boys go to any extent to ensure they are comfortable.Mind control and totalaterism as the new imperial approach to governance.Druging the population with new drugs of convenience.Doctored and engineered with modules that reach your bedroom.Concealed with brand equity and marketing stunts that management schools around the world are completely engrossed in perfecting.
                            Phew!!!
                            What do we do.Give up and start the wander back to the cave.Use bees wax as candles and grow veggies in the yard and maybe even have a horse and a cart to take the family to that occasional trip to your next cave man neighbour.???
                            That indeed is a hard one.
                            My personal veiws are mass participation and mass involvement.No I am not leaning on activist overtones but citing from the past.Living in harmony with the world utilizing and optimising resources to ensure the future is the place to be.This collective action lies in our hands.Which then again calls for a People -politics and private enterprise participation.
                            We all know how far apart these are at the moment.
                            Saying that it is our time to do our bit.And man this time it is a serious call.To share the knowledge available to build our tomorrow.Education and open education.Not the structure that we have at the moment which confines real time learning and living.
                            If you think that the people in power will get worried about the approach.I dont think that is a bad think at all.
                            Wake up,stand up....yes thats about it.
                            Honey comb networking to make honey.Busy bee doing there bit for the world. One world one day.No waste .no war.Make love we say .
                            We will get there.

Cheers
                            Sauman

Comment

Greetings all. Here is a publication that will give all the biodiesel buffs a warm fuzzy feeling.
                              http://www.propubs.com/global-fuels/eGFFeb07hi.pdf

Regards
                              Geoff Otherside532

Comment

Working...
                              X