Does anyone run a Citroen C4 on Bio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone run a Citroen C4 on Bio

Recently a C4 has come into the possible consumers of the bio. Anyone running their C4 on Bio?

Nick
    Brisbane

Re: Does anyone run a Citroen C4 on Bio

No problems with the French cars, mate. They invented diesel after all.
    But seriously, any diesel car will run bio. Still, if you want to find another owner of a C4 running biodiesel, just do a search in the forum on "citroen". You'll find a few posts from Rafe, who does run said car on biodiesel. Maybe he'll also comment here. Anyone else?
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

I know of lots of guys running their 307's on bio with no problems and the C4 has the same engine so you should be sweet.
      It takes a big man to cry... It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.:D

Comment

Now that is interesting, same engine as a 307HDi.

Now just how many 307 owners do you know running on bio? Besides me and two others I know with 307's and this bloke with a C4, that makes 4 in total I know of and I've heard that many are afraid to even try it.

Matt

Originally posted by downunderyank View Post
        I know of lots of guys running their 307's on bio with no problems and the C4 has the same engine so you should be sweet.
        Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

C4 on B30 & B50. No worries. No difference in fuel consumption or power.
          I decided not to run B100 (personal choice - after lots of testing) because even though there is no difference in peak power on a dyno. There is a 300 to 400 rpm lag in power at low revs which makes a difference if you are dreaming through a roundabout & a timber jinker with 50 tons of prime eucalypt forest, destined for the pulp mill, to make paper so we can all wipe our arses, is bearing down on you & you are in the wrong gear (2nd instead of first) & you put the foot down to get out of the way & nothing happens for half a second. It reminds me a bit of riding a 2 stroke with a small power band. Just make sure you are always doing at least 1700rpm in tight hairy situations & all will be well

Comment

Add us to the happy 307 HDi bio camp. We were tossing up between a C4 and 307 and eventually decided we preferred the 307 instruments.

The motors are totally identical between the 307 and C4, so anything that works for the 307 is applicable to C4.

We're running our 307 on blends thus far, being careful to keep the overall bio percentage under the B30 max stipulated in the Peugeot service info. The only tank of dino diesel it's had is the one it was delivered with. Once the warranty's finished, we plan on going to B100.

So far, zero problems. We've only done 2000km tho

Comment

Originally posted by nickcoulter View Post
              Recently a C4 has come into the possible consumers of the bio. Anyone running their C4 on Bio?

Nick
              Brisbane
              dont do it, put bio diesel in my c4 and anti pollution warning came on ,kept on cutting out, had to have it drained cleaned and engine management re set, will not be doing that again

Comment

Hi Nick,
                75,000 km on 50% biodiesel in a C4 with 7 dyno tests & every 8000km oil analysis & nothing to report.No fuel oil in the lube oil. Everything is fine. All the details are on this forum somewhere. Ran on B100 for 5000km then dyno to compare to distilate. nothing to report. slightly down on power (4%) but the road is not a race track so who cares. The B50 was a compromise as I owned the car 50;50 with my partner. 75,000km average fuel consumption was 4.8/100
                I now have another C4 (my partner has the other) & I will be running it on Bio as well, as soon as I get settled in my new place.
                I buy my bio from Ecotech in Nerangba in 1000liter lots. If you want to talk about it my number is 0428650487

Comment

Working...
                X