Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Methanol impurities

Hi all!!

Iīm a student and I need to get some information about allowed impurities in methanol. I have been looking in the net and i didnīt find anything, but I found you. I was wondering if you could help me...? I know that minimum purity is about 99.9%...
    Thanx, thanx thanx!!

Laura

Re: Methanol impurities

Originally posted by 2cuartos View Post
    Hi all!!

Iīm a student and I need to get some information about allowed impurities in methanol. I have been looking in the net and i didnīt find anything, but I found you. I was wondering if you could help me...? I know that minimum purity is about 99.9%...
    Thanx, thanx thanx!!

Laura
    Methanol can be used with that purity.. no problem. Are you aware of any methods to remove water from methanol?

I know this filters called SDFC elements that can do it with biodiesel: http://www.filtertechnik.co.uk/biodi...nt_montage.gif

Comment

Re: Methanol impurities

Originally posted by 2cuartos View Post
      Hi all!!

Thanx, thanx thanx!!

Laura
      What do you mean by "allowed"? For biodiesel do you mean? If so, water is your biggest problem. The stuff I get is from VP Racing fuels (02 98211128) and it is 250 ppm in water (.025%)
      1990 HZJ80

Comment

Working...
      X