Biodiesel at the bowser in Perth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biodiesel at the bowser in Perth

Gull Petroleum announced on Monday 3/4/06 that it will be retailing biodiesel (B20) at 1 of it's Country and 7 of it's Metropolitan outlets.
    Apart from one roadhouse at Mundrabilla on the Eyre Highway, this will be the first Retail biodiesel available to Western Australian motorists, and the only biodiesel available to the Public in Perth and Bunbury.
    B20 will be available at Pumps at Gull Servo's in:
    - Burswood 265 Great Eastern Highway
    - Como 393 Canning Highway
    - Meadow Springs Lot 904 Meadow Springs Drive
    - Mount Lawley 81 Guildford Road
    - Upper Swan 1383 Great Northern Highway
    - Wangara Cnr Ocean Reef Rd & Brady Street
    - Warnbro Cnr Hokin & Safety Bay Road
    - Bunbury Cnr Bussell Highway & Brittain Rd

Keep Up the Good Work Gull!

BP, Caltex, Mobil and Shell - Could you do this too? Or will you wait for the market to be established by Gull?
    Tony From West Oz
    Vice Chairperson of WARFA
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 7 April 2006, 04:14 AM.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Re: Biodiesel at the bowser in Perth

Brilliant news for Perth!

Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Geraldton also has it at the pumps too
      Hoppy

Comment

Thanks for the details.
        Can anyone advise me on wether or not I can use this Gull Bio-D in my standard, unmodified '91 Hilux Surf SSR-Ltd (2.4 turbo diesel)? Do I need any mods, etc?

Many thanks for any info.

KIEREN
        ..::KIEREN::..
        1991 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd 2.4 TD
        Running Gull Bio-D (80-20) and loving it!

Comment

At 20% biodiesel use it!

Matt
          Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Gull have expanded the locations where B20 is available. I have noticed it at a number of places which have only one diesel bowser, meaning that it is there to the exclusion of 100% diesel.
            They would have only done this if the majority of motorists at the initial trial outlets purchased B20 in preference to 100% diesel.

the customer has spoken.

The attendant has told me that Gull are considering increasing the blend ratio, but this will depend on their supply of B100 for blending.
            Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
            '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
            '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
            '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
            '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
            '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
            '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
            '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
            '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
            '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
            '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
            '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
            '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
            Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Hi all, just stumbled onto this forum, I'll try to check in occasionally.

At the risk of turning this thread into an unpaid advertisement...I can confirm customer feedback at Gull has been overwelmingly positive about our B20 "Gull Bio-D". It was a real coup for a WA based company like Gull to be first to market in such a competitive industry and up against international giants like BP and Caltex. I'm sure BP won't be far behind based on our successful launch.

There will be 21 sites retailing Gull Bio-D by end of June 2006, as indicated above, most are replacing conventional mineral diesel completely. The B20 blend is selling at about 4cpL below conventional diesel. The discount and the enviromental benefits are both proving to be strong incentives for motorists.

There are no immediate plans to increase the blend at retail site level - but it hasn't been ruled out (edit: the more customer demand the more likely it is!). Our commercial section are supplying various blends for specific customers.

We hope to have a local refinery in place by December.

More info and site listings can be found at www.gull.biz

@ tony, thanks for the support!

gregs@gull.biz
              gregs@gull.biz
              Biofuels Forum Newbie
              Last edited by gregs@gull.biz; 7 July 2006, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Hey Greg, good to see you in here. I've got no problems with commercial folk advertising in here as long as it is helping people and no one complains. So far I've not heard anyone complain about Gull and I'm glad you are helping by providing a way for biodiesel users to get the fuel!
                Please let us know if you ever do increase your blend, I'm sure the folks in this forum would love to know.
                Keep doing what you're doing, I wish more fuel suppliers would follow your lead (and actually be honest about the fact that they are blending biodiesel and telling people the blend that that are using and not just profiteering from the cheaper fuel to augment their supplies and pretending that they are still selling distillate).
                Robert.
                Site Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by gregs@gull.biz
                  Hi all, just stumbled onto this forum, I'll try to check in occasionally.

At the risk of turning this thread into an unpaid advertisement...I can confirm customer feedback at Gull has been overwelmingly positive about our B20 "Gull Bio-D". It was a real coup for a WA based company like Gull to be first to market in such a competitive industry and up against international giants like BP and Caltex. I'm sure BP won't be far behind based on our successful launch.

There will be 21 sites retailing Gull Bio-D by end of June 2006, as indicated above, most are replacing conventional mineral diesel completely. The B20 blend is selling at about 4cpL below conventional diesel. The discount and the enviromental benefits are both proving to be strong incentives for motorists.

There are no immediate plans to increase the blend at retail site level - but it hasn't been ruled out (edit: the more customer demand the more likely it is!). Our commercial section are supplying various blends for specific customers.

We hope to have a local refinery in place by December.

More info and site listings can be found at www.gull.biz

@ tony, thanks for the support!

gregs@gull.biz
                  Greg please check your email have one customer mining company 98000 litres PER day and others

Well done gull !!
                  Now it is a case of what goes around comes around
                  Phil in WA
                  Plus we are about to invest in a 1 million + plant for Bio diesel production and group of farmers have planted Indian mustard seed this year even with the drought the crop is hanging in there .

Government causing frustration at the new tax changes not withstanding.
                  In addition we have already heavily invested in a bio ethanol team & infrastructure using wheat trash. And also have developed new products to deal with the surplus glycerols which are a bi-product of bio fuels production.

we have also found by using pre-heaters in fuel lines a "sort" of solution to gumming in bio D with the lipids from rendered fats .

Our tests on the mobile/gull Bio -d show NO negative effects at all and at the tail pipe a lot more benefit than at first perceived.

Again HUGE pat on back to the folk at Gull now waiting for E 10 E 20 in to test in the new mitsubishis we just ordered.

can contact me on 08 99731183 for data . Just a bunch of bushies using our own funds and equipments.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X