X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota 2.8 turbo IP problems

I have a hilux ute with a 2.8 diesel
    I filled It at VP and expected to possibly have to change filters
    after travelling 52kms that day the next morning I started it and it knocked very badly It had had an oil change week earlier so it shouldnt be a big end I hope
    ( cut the filter open and it was clean )
    fuel was visable coming from out of the timing cover -front of the pump? I have never seen this happen before the engine has run like clockwork from when I built it 6years ago
    The fuel was clean and had no bad odour
    I cracked each injector they all seemed the same
    I drained the fuel from the pump and ran clean diesel through it

I now is very noisy when running and has no power at all

Does any one have any Ideas as to what would of happened I take that the injector pump has malfunctioned in some way I had it rebuilt when I did the motor ??

Any feedback would be appreciated
    Thanks gttool

Re: Toyota 2.8 turbo IP problems

Best way to tackle an issue like this is by first things first. looks like you have replaced the fuel-filter, and I guess you have checked all pipes/unions for air ingress....

Worth checking that you have a good free-flow of fuel from the tank to the filter. Often there is a 'gauze-strainer' in the tank that can block....

Sometimes with the Jap under-licence I.P's there is a tiny gauze filter fitted under the banjo-bolt inside the pump inlet below the threads...this can block, I had this very fault on a Ford-Maverick with a TD28 Nissan engine a few months ago...

Basically, Check Everything first. It is very rare that an injection-pump will fail in the scenario you describe. Its more likely to be something silly

Comment

Working...
    X