Veg users screwed again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg users screwed again

I was annoyed but not all together surprised to find the Ubiquitous super cheat disposable fuel filters have nothing less than DOUBLED in price from $2 to $4 since I bought them last a few weeks ago. I questioned the typically uninterested counter Jockey as to if the price was correct and did she have any idea why the price has doubled almost overnight. The blank look and frantic chewing of gum rendered vocal responce unessacary for the question to be answered.

I can't for the life of me see how the producers of these filters would be able to double the price in the market as competitive as it is so I am left with the more likely conclusion that all us veg users are buying these things in sufficient qty for supercheat to feel they can make a relative killing on the things.

Dose anyone know of an alternate supplier of these filters that still has them at or around the $2 mark, same as they were at super cheat not too long ago?

Anyone know where they could be bought in bulk? If I could get them for say $1 ea, i'd look at buying 100 and dividing them up with anyone interested in them. I might even be able to put them on Evil bay and off them for $5 each

I wonder what other things we will get stung with in price rises as the demand for the products we use increases as veg fuel caches on.?

Re: Veg users screwed again

I dont have a stupor heap auto here, and have never paid less than $4.
    I bought a piece of machinery here, the best price I could get it for was $145, I was in said shop, and my wife recognised the same product at "half price", marked down from $250 to $125. I think I would prefer to pay $145 in a shop and know anything else I buy wont be near double the going rate.
    Pity anyone who paid $250.

Your filters may be 50% off next week. If so stock up.
    Mind you when I stocked up, the gunge stopped comming out, and havent replaced a filter since.
    cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

I checked stupor cheap here in WA and found them at $4 each also, so I checked their opposition in WA (MALZ) and they were a similar price!!

I still have around 10 from when they were $2 each.

Tony
      Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
      '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
      '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
      '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
      '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
      '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
      '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
      '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
      '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
      '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
      '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
      '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
      '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
      Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

The sooner we can discover & isolate the greed gene & eliminate the little sucker......The better off we will all be...No more wars...& fuel filters will once again become affordable. They were $1.99 in Lismore last time I looked

Comment

Working...
        X