PDA

View Full Version : Feedstock Supply

peter-linking
20th April 2007, 02:57 PM
I am currently developing a Jatropha plantation in Cambodia for an investor group who is currently looking to contract their feedstock production. Any interests?
Peter

BioPro
13th April 2008, 09:14 AM
Yes I'm currently in the process of building a biodiesel refinery. I was looking into rapeseed oil or jatropha oil. Email me let's talk. I still have about a year until its completion but there's no harm in building relations now.

Rodda
28th April 2008, 03:13 PM
What sort of volume. What sort of Dollars. Maybe we could form a Co-op. Other issues like quality, inclusion of gums etc. You know the sort of issues fellas face trying to crush their own oil. I think a lot of problems are addressed when oils are bleached etc for food sources.???

BioPro
1st May 2008, 06:29 AM
Hey Rodda what's up?
My dad has a company that owns gas stations that sell diesel. We sell 5 million gallons a year of diesel and I'd like to form my own company that supplies that 5 million gallons per year to this company.
I've looked into modular biodiesel refinery designs and rapeseed and other feedstocks, I like jatropha oil because of the fact that it doesn't have to compete with food supply. Right now I'm still reading more on biodiesel and researching. The modular design costs 2 million dollars and I have to figure the costs of tanks etc. Like I said to have it completely done might take a year or so. Right now I want to fulfill my own demand which is the 5 million but I do have friends that own truck stops and once I build my first company and credibility to go with it I want to approach them. For this I need an unending, cheap feedstock that I use for a larger project.

BioPro
1st May 2008, 06:31 AM
oh and about making my own oil..and crushing the seeds degumming etc..I want to do that eventually I've been looking at some chinese machines also..but all in due time. First I need to bring in the cash flow than I can expand...but if you want to do all that and source me a feedstock that'll be cool too. There's an Indian company that helps people set up jatropha but I'm having trouble getting through..the owner had heart attack or something and every time I make contact the secretary says he's ill. I hope he feels better. I'll pm you the link to the site if you want it.

RODEONICK
1st May 2008, 05:47 PM
There's an Indian company that helps people set up jatropha but I'm having trouble getting through

surprise surprise.
Brought any snake oil yet??:D

be carefull

algaeoil
6th May 2008, 07:55 PM
id heard recently that hemp farms were going to be licensed in NSW in the near future, im not sure how much money refineries are paying for their feedstock oil around here but im told that hemp seed will outproduce soya oil per acre. maybe they will be able to seel it for more dollars as foodstuffs or just plain old hemp oil though. but it may be worth checking into. i heard that jatphra plant produces more than hemp too.
they are saying that algae will be the next biggest thing for biofuel but i still cant see how they justify the estimates of production. its like ok it outproduces these other plant crops for oil but it costs a fortune to set up per hectare as well. ive been checking it out as i run a fish farm and have a lot fo water with algae in it and i tried pumping it through a filter and the 1o micron filters gets blocked so fast that harvesting the stuff seems to be a main problem. centrifuges seem to cost a lot to run also.
maybe one day when they work out a easy way to harvest it will prove viable but i think that these guys toting the stuff as the next big thing are just extrapolating results from small scale expensive studies.