Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIO Diesel in Melbourne

Hi,

Id like to try running my car on Biodiesel(B20)- but there is no one selling any Biodiesel in Melbourne,

Anyone have any ideas where I could get some, or if its likely that it will be available in the near future.

And just out of curiositly, why are the so many sites selling BIO Fuels in SA and virtually none in the other states ?

Thanks.

Re: BIO Diesel in Melbourne

Originally posted by Roberto
    Hi,

Id like to try running my car on Biodiesel(B20)- but there is no one selling any Biodiesel in Melbourne,

Anyone have any ideas where I could get some, or if its likely that it will be available in the near future.

And just out of curiositly, why are the so many sites selling BIO Fuels in SA and virtually none in the other states ?

Thanks.
    Relatively small independent petroleum companies like SAFF and Gull (WA) can make decisions locally without seeking approval from overseas or, they are more accommodating of change or, they are trying to work for the benefit of all people, not just the shareholders.
    Take your pick.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Hi Roberto,

Welcome to the forums. Fortunately, there is a good biodiesel community in Melbourne to help you if you want to use some homemade brew and mix it 20% with distillate in your tank. Check out the thread in this forum on the Melbourne Biodiesel Club for more info.
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

The Melbourne Biodiesel Club is working hard to --
        A; Create a fraternity of backyard producers, and users, so as to aid/help those who are new to BioDiesel and/or just want to try some in their cars.
        B; Promote SAFF fuels in the hope they will help the MBDC create the first pure biofuels servo in Melbourne.
        C; Create more understanding of the importance of biofuels in a world of Global Climate Change, and Peak Oil.

Comment

Hi, I just joined these forums today.

I'm visiting Melbourne at the moment and would love to try biodiesel in my 1981 Peugeot for my drive home to Wagga Wagga on the weekend.

Where can I buy some? Are there any retail outlets here? (I'm staying in Cheltenham.)

If I can continue to use biodiesel when I am at home in Wagga, that would be fantastic as well.

Any information that you can provide would be great!

Cheers,
          Andrew

Comment

Be at the open meeting of the MBDC at CERES on J29, and Chris of this forum is threatening to move 2000 ltrs of above spec, excise paid fuel for $1.20 per litre.
            Robert
            Administrator
            Last edited by Robert; 20 July 2006, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darren leonadas
              Be at the open meeting of the MBDC at CERES on J29, and Chris of this forum is threatening to move 2000 ltrs of above spec, excise paid fuel for $1.20 per litre.
              Thanks, I would, if I were going to be still in Melbourne. Unfortunately, I'm going home on Sunday.

BTW, I've read the thread, but i can't work out exactly where the place is. I admit that I may not have read the message accurately.

Cheers,
              Andrew

Comment

Working...
              X