Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK GM goes for B30

Saw this on a UK forum...

New Vivaro And Movano Are Biofuelled For The Future - Astra Sport and Astra Owners Club Forums

digifish

Re: UK GM goes for B30

Good news.

I like how they try to make out like they are introducing new technology to make the cars compatible.

Vauxhall is proud to announce the introduction of biodiesel B30 technology to its larger panel vans
    Of course, biodiesel has always worked in any diesel engine, they are only now actually getting around to trying it for themselves. They are not introducing any technology into the vehicle, just into the fuel they run it on.

If only the Australian vehicle companies could be a little bit like this. I'd imagine that Holden here will probably keep telling us that the diesel Astra is not suitable for biodiesel using all sort of excuses and pointing out that the UK trials were in different cars with different engines.

Still, I should not water down this good news with local pessimism.

Now, if only they could step up to B50...B80...B100?
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Re: UK GM goes for B30

Originally posted by Robert View Post
      Good news.

I like how they try to make out like they are introducing new technology to make the cars compatible.
      Still, I should not water down this good news with local pessimism.

Now, if only they could step up to B50...B80...B100?
      Indeed

At least they are testing/moving in the right direction.

BTW: For the record the Astra CDTi Manual (that I have) has no particulate filter so, there should be no excuses.

...and surely these strategies don't happen in isolation? GM R&D world-wide is connected?

This quote from the Vauxhall MD ...

Originally Posted by Vauxhall Managing Director, Bill Parfitt

"Of course, governments have an important role to play as well, specifically in terms of ensuring the quality and wider availability of the fuel, and providing incentives to encourage customers to buy it."

leads me to think that the quality of the fuel is the main concern. I wonder if the dino-industry put the wind up the car manufacturers? After all bio-diesel is a paradigm shift for the industry that makes agriculture a stake holder...

digifish
      digifish
      Last edited by digifish; 1 May 2007, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X