winter is coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winter is coming

Hi all, got caught out this morning. had a 3 degree blast that solidified my bio in the pipe from the bd fuel container. About a metre of solid gell. I had to pull the tube off. The back pressure from the tank wasn't enough to push it through. The remainder in the tank was OK. It was the consistency of that water gell stuff that gets buried with plants.

Just a reminder to start changing practices...Blending etc...
    Joe Morgan
    Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
    http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
    SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Re: winter is coming

You using a percentage of animal fat in your fuel at all? Only reason I ask is that I run home brew B100 and we had -3 here by 11pm and a minimum last night of -6.1 according to my digital thermometer. Yet when i got up all prepared to de-ice my fuel lines the car started first crack after one or two glows with no dramas

I will be blending before it gets really cold here though, dont know how the fuel will cope with the -10 to -20 that normally comes with winter here...

Comment

Southern Sydney: The BD in my wash tank in the shed and also in a jar on the kitchen window went solid over night.
      (My supplier adds oil from the chicken spit to the waste drum of palm oil from frying chips.)

What is the recommended dosage of dino juice to keep thing flowing?
      George

Comment

Hello george

the temperature biodiesel solidifies will vary. It would be best if you did a few refrigerator tests with different percentages of dinodiesel to see what is required for your biodiesel.

I did a test once and found that a mixture of 50% tallow biodiesel 50% petrodiesel started to solidify at about 0deg C. Tallow biodiesel will typically start to solidify at 17deg C

Comment

none if any in tallow this batch. the bd in the reactor was ok just the amount in the plumbing.

today (thursday) was OK. the temp was prolly 10ish this morning, no gelling.

I'm up right now BTW because my daughter has just spewed up a hamburger in my bed. Nice work darling, you go to bed now and I'll HOSE the bedroom out.

Joe Morgan
          Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
          http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
          SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

2 days in a row of solidified BD in the wash tank and sample in kitchen.
            The kitchen clock shows the temperature at 13.5c.
            George

Comment

Commercial B100 from Rutherford, and I'm still starting & running OK at 10deg every morning this week. Heading to the Barringtons this weekend and so we'll see how we go there
              ..Neil

VW Touareg R5 TDI

Comment

Working...
              X