This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added a donation system

This has been suggested/discussed before, but I've finally only just got around to doing it.

You may have noticed that there is now a green "Donate" link in the bar at the top.

This will give users the ability to make donations to go to the costs of running the site. I'll see how it goes. If it gets a few donations, I'll be able to recoup some of my costs thus far, If it gets loads, then I'll be able to add all sorts of improvements in here (photo gallery etc). I'll keep everyone posted on how it is going in here.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Re: Added a donation system

Robert,

I never had a chance to thank you for the effort you have put into this forum. I must admit that if it was not for your efforts I would not have know very good people, learnt a lot and saved a lot of money too.

Thank you so much.

I think this section of the forum is not as noticed and visited as the other sections, is it okay to put your post about the donation as a sticky on each setion at least for a while.?
    Fitian
    <><

Comment

Thanks Fitian, I'm glad the forum is being used and appreciated, that's why I put it here in the first place, after all.

The appreciation keeps me going.

Sure, I'll make this thread sticky.

Cheers,
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

I have to concour with Fitians Sentiments.
        I had heard of running diesels on veg oils when I was a kid and came across the occasional anecdotes of it through the years but it always seemed a little too good to be true. Even when I found and started reading the infopop site, the idea still seemed very risky till I found this site and could see other local people were doing it.

Meeting up with a few of them and learning from this site gave me the confidence to do something I had been facinated by the idea of for a very long time.

I also thank you Robert for your efforts and initiatives with this site and the get togethers and other things I'm sure you do that no one knows about.

Your efforts have far more reaching effects than I'm sure you know as it the appreciation and gratitude.

Thank you very much for all you do and the great resource you provide.

Comment

Hear Hear.

Keep up the good work.

Tony
          Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
          '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
          '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
          '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
          '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
          '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
          '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
          '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
          '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
          '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
          '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
          '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
          '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
          Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Dear Robert,

Many, many thanks for all your work. And for letting us know (in the Donate link) some of what you do and what it has cost you.

If other people appreciate the Forum as much as I do and express it here, this will be the longest Post ever! The Forum is the first thing I check each morning after my emails and I’ve had an enormous amount of help and encouragement with my own BD Plant. I’ve been running the Prado (2006) exclusively on home-made B100 for over six months now, doing my bit for the environment and saving heaps into the bargain.

Well done and thanks again.

Stephen

Comment

I agree with everything that's been said. Robert you've done a fantastic job in getting this forum going, which has been an invaluable resource for me as I've learned about how to make my own biodiesel.

I only hope you have found the experience as rewarding as the rest of us, and that you get something out of all the hard work you have put in.
              Sean

Comment

Nice one Robert.

Now we all have to make sure that we add dollars to the kind words of support.

I have. get stuck in guys!

Cheers,
                Cameron

Comment

Thanks everyone. So far the total of the donations is $205. Glad to see that it's not all coming out of only my pockets now!

When there is a bit more "in the kitty", I will have a look at implementing some better changes/upgrades in here.

Cheers,
                  Robert.
                  Site Admin.

Comment

Well, after the initial enthusiasm, things seem to have cooled off a little. The total is now up to $225. Thanks again to everyone who has made a donation so far (all 7 of you from the 292 "active members" among the 2093 total members).

As per the donations page, I'm targeting the pay off from the software licences and the domain fees which have set me back personally around $500 so far, so nearly half way there. The bandwidth would put it close to $1,000 out of my own pocket over the time this forum has been running, but I'll be happy if I just get the $500 back (though even happier if the forum were self financially sustaining).
                    Robert
                    Administrator
                    Last edited by Robert; 28 June 2007, 02:48 PM.
                    Robert.
                    Site Admin.

Comment

OK, I've completed most of the forum upgrades today, but the donations plug-in is still a little wonky (hey, it still works, if you wanted to try it ).

Anyway, the reason I'm posting in here is to let you know that for those of you who have made donations, I'd like to recognise you by giving you a few extra bits on your forum accounts.

This is still in the works and it is not yet fully automated, as I'd like it, but you will get the following extras:

• Extra space in your private mailbox (currently 60, you'll get 200).
                      • The ability to change your user title (eg, from "senior member" to "vegie wierdo", "donator" or whatever you want.)
                      • The ability to send private messages to up to 10 people at a time (Current limit is 5).
                      • More ability to edit own events in the calendar.
                      • Can have more and bigger pictures with the new album features.
                      • Stuff I haven't thought of yet.
                      • A good warm feeling that you've given something back.

I intend to get around to manually updating the accounts of anyone who has donated so far. If I have forgotten you, please remind me.

Cheers,
                      Robert.
                      Site Admin.

Comment

Hi Robert,
                        I am new but have found the site very good.So I am willing to donate
                        I see the donate button and where to enter an amount, but before I do. How do we pay you? Regards
                        Annatex

Comment

The button takes you to the Paypal site. You can just pay from your credit card through Paypal.
                          Sean

Comment

Re: Wholesale Replica

Robert,
                            You may wish to resurrect the 'Donations' page so that members can support your upgrades and ongoing costs.

Regards,
                            Tony
                            Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                            '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                            '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                            '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                            '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                            '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                            '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                            '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                            '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                            '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                            '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                            '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                            '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                            Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Re: Wholesale Replica

Originally posted by Tony From West Oz View Post
                              Robert,
                              You may wish to resurrect the 'Donations' page so that members can support your upgrades and ongoing costs.

Regards,
                              Tony
                              Let us know if thats happening, I am happy to sent you some for all your work mate.

Cheers

Jens
                              1990 Toyota Hilux LN106 with ATG 2 tank system (sold after running 150.000 ks on mainly WVO)

1993 Toyota 75 Series with 1 HDT conversion, 75l factory tank and a custom 170l under tray tank. (Retired with 680.000ks on the clock mostly running on BIO and on WVO)

2006 Landcruiser Troopcarrier 1HZ with DTS Turbo Kit, 170ltr long range tank currently not converted, running on B100

"him who never made a mistake, made no discovery either"

Comment

Working...
                              X