"Running in" new 307 XSE 2L Diesel Pug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Running in" new 307 XSE 2L Diesel Pug

Hi Guys, have been reading heaps for ages and finally have got around to asking a question and interacting.

Just bought a new 307 xse 2L touring wagon. I have read up on the general jist on running in a vehicle and it is similar to what i have done in the past for my motorcycles. As i plan to run this on biodiesel, is there any issues with running it in on biodiesel or do i need to use less lubracative ultra low sulfur fuel at the start to prevent glazing of the cylinders?

Cheers

Rob

Re: "Running in" new 307 XSE 2L Diesel Pug

Go for it Rob. Check out Suzy's posts, she's got a new 307 as well. There are plenty of Pug folks in here. Not sure about glazing of the cylinders...? I've not really heard of biodiesel causing that. Can you elaborate on that one?
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

I didn't do anything special with my pug to run it in that you wouldn't do with petrodiesel. I simply avoided long periods on the cruise control and tried to vary the load a bit.

I ran about B30 for the first 2500km, because I was trying to comply with the fuel system warranty (and I wasn't able to get B100 at that point anyway). Since then, I've used only B100 fuel, as I've satisfied myself that I'm not going to do damage to the car with B100, and instead the biodiesel is very good for my Pug.

If I bought another Pug tomorrow, I'd just run it on B100 from the get-go.

Comment

Generally speaking I thought that "running in" was no longer necessary. The tolerances in new vehicles is so good that you can just go for it!

Well I pretty much did, now 50K. Tho I have never run bio in it as VP is only supply, as well I am concerned about warranty (5 years) given the position of Peugeot of 30% bio - of course how would they know.

I am more concerned with a scenario where they have no problem with bio being used but decide that VP does not actually supply bio :-)
        Telegraph Point NSW
        Landcruiser GXL '96 - 80:20 blends
        Pug 1.6 HDi - 308 Touring Wagon - definitely not game :-)

Comment

Ive heard that with better tollerances you just need to keep the compression up on the engine (positive and negative), vary the revs and not use synthetic oils.

Just thought that the better lubracative properties of the biodiesel could do the same thing as synthetic oils and cause glazing etc. Just a thought, but probably not enough to stop me using Biodiesel.

Does anyone know of good suppliers in Tassie as i am moving back home in the next couple of months.

Cheers for the info.

Comment

Working...
          X