Afraid Of The Tax Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afraid Of The Tax Man

by including info about ourselves on this forum like how far i have now travelled on bio. Do we risk the tax man suddenly contacting us with a bill
    This is a great place for info but do we need to be a little carefull or am i just being a worry wart
    i meen we can talk about making bio [dont say how much] and useing it [again dont say how much]
    but i recently noticed SOMEONE saying they had now travelled X far on a blend
    would it the just be a calculation for the tax man to send a bill

Re: Afraid Of The Tax Man

I work for the taxation office and I now have enough info about all of you.

And I am gonna get ya

see you on the 30th of June
    Fitian
    <><

Comment

Originally posted by MB300D81 View Post
      I work for the taxation office and I now have enough info about all of you.

And I am gonna get ya

see you on the 30th of June
      haha!

This issue was raised way back when I first started the forum. I considered that one of the prime reasons that biodiesel in Australia is such an underground thing, was due to the tax issues.

I wanted people to be sure that the tax office cannot get any personal records about you from this forum. I posted this thread to reassure people.

I'll just point out again that your IP address is the only thing "real" about your identity in here and only I can really see that anyway. If I (or the ATO) were to want to find out about someone in here, they'd have to request the information from the ISP who had that IP address, and that ISP would then have to identify the person using it. So, you can imagine that it would require more than just a bit of effort to track someone down, let alone the legal requirements to raise such information from the required parties in the first place.

Lastly, even if the ATO did decide that they wanted a particular user's information, the server that hosts this is in Switzerland. When was the last time the ATO had any jurisdiction there?

So, don't worry about it. Please continue to post good information about how many kms you've done on biodiesel in here and feel safe in your anonymity.

Cheers,
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

And of course, just because you use BD, doesn't necessarily mean you make it. In SA, you're blessed with the multi-site chain of SAFF servos that sell commercial BD, and other states to a varying degree, have plenty of wholesale and retail outlets selling commercially produced BD. Tell that to the taxman.
        Mazda's Secret Service motto: "Tell 'em nothing, charge 'em double".

Comment

Working...
        X