[COMM] Flat plate heat exchangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [COMM] Flat plate heat exchangers

I have a number of 20 / 30 plate heat exchangers available at Telepoint - Connecting you to the Future

Also have a few filter bags left.
    Telepoint

To help Robert out (perhaps to upgrade his host?) if you buy a heat exchange and use the coupon code (until 18/12/2007 and for existing stock - does not apply to specials)

coupon code = robert

I will give you free regular post and this forum $20 for each 30 plate 0r 20 plate WORT HE purchased.

Geoff
    Geoffwin
    Last edited by Geoffwin; 14 December 2007, 04:08 PM. Reason: update - to process before Christmas - shut 18th
    Telegraph Point NSW
    Landcruiser GXL '96 - 80:20 blends
    Pug 1.6 HDi - 308 Touring Wagon - definitely not game :-)

Re: [COMM] Flat plate heat exchangers

Geoff looking to go solar on oil heating with three or four solar water heaters using your 30 plate HE. I note it is rated at 1 to 5 kW heat transfer, is this right or is it 1.5kW?

I currently use 3.6kW electric heating and with insulating the tank it goes up from ambient to 60 in about 7 to 8 hours. I am prepared to wait days to get up to temp with solar so is it feasible in your mind or should this be a question given to the wider audience.

Matt
    Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Thanks Matt

the 1 to 5 is correct as it is across the range of plate sizes ie 20 - 60 plates with a minimum to maximum inlet/outlet.

I am not sure on the specific kW rating as there a a number of variations that can be made to the HE but I suggest that 2/3 is the range for the 30 plate.

A person who bought off me provided this feedback after testing for brewing project

"With water straight from the boil (97 degrees C) flowing through the heat exchanger at 5l/min (gravity fed), and cooling water at 22.4 degrees C flowing at 15l/min (mains tap pressure), the output was 30 degrees C and the waste cooling water heated up to 45 degrees C. Pretty impressive. That means a 25 litre brew would be cooled in around 5-7 minutes, and use 150-170 litres of cooling water which sounds like a lot, but is easy enough to store for further use in one 200l drum."

I have no doubt that it will do what you want especially if you are pumping in both directions and have plenty of hot water (which you do).

Geoff

Telegraph Point NSW

Comment

This is finished for now - shut down over Christmas - I hope you all have a good one.

Thanks to those who contributed, the committments has been forwarded to Robert as advised.

I will continue to provide freepost to people on this forum on heat exchangers. If you buy anything else at the same time and it will all fit in the express bag there will be not be any additional postage eg filter bags or brass fittings - You may need to contact me to finalise the price presented.

This will not apply to any current "specials".

coupon code is "biofuelsforum" - without the " "

I am around til Sunday if you have any specific requirements?

Again, all the best over Christmas

Geoff
        Telegraph Point NSW

Comment

Working...
        X