Methanol & NaOH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Methanol & NaOH

I am a new bio producer and have spent some time finding suppliers of Methanol and NaOH. Naturaly it is cheaper to buy in bulk. I can get my hands on Methanol at $200 a 200L drum and NaOH at $40 for 25Kg. What's the catch, I need to buy about 5 years worth. If anyone is interested in going in with me, please message me.

Re: Methanol & NaOH

Originally posted by smartfab
    I am a new bio producer and have spent some time finding suppliers of Methanol and NaOH. Naturaly it is cheaper to buy in bulk. I can get my hands on Methanol at $200 a 200L drum and NaOH at $40 for 25Kg. What's the catch, I need to buy about 5 years worth. If anyone is interested in going in with me, please message me.
    Smart fab, thats not all that cheap for mass quantities. I've read of methanol being 185 for 200 litres. Where are you? NaOH sounds a little steep as well.
    Joe
    Joe Morgan
    Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
    http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
    SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

Thanks for your reply joe, I am in Sydney. Having only just started brewing, I really don't know if they are good or not. Reading other threads, they didn't sound that bad. $185 for Methonl sounds allright. Where is this from? What should I be looking at for 25Kg of NaOH? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hi Smartfab,
        Your prices sound pretty good to me. You can buy smaller quantities of NaOH (caustic soda) 1 or 2 Kg I think, in Bunnings warehouse. Whereabouts in Sydney are you? I would be interested in sharing a 200L drum of methanol. Send me a private message, cheers.

Comment

Working...
        X