A biopowered hummer, now there's a thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A biopowered hummer, now there's a thought

(automatically updated/inserted from The Big Biofuels Blog)

Over on Climate Change Action, they've found a cartoon which ties excess consumption and biofuels together quite nicely. The thing with all of our fuels is that they have so much intrnisic value they should be used sparingly..

More (from The Big Biofuels Blog)...

Re: A biopowered hummer, now there's a thought

Is there actually a biopowered Hummer? It certainly wouldn't surprise me. After all I saw this at the 4WD show a couple of months ago:

Also, I was watching Top Gear the a few weeks ago (from the UK, not on SBS which is several months behind) and they showed the car that won the USA's "Green Car of the Year" award, which was, can you believe it, a hybrid powered Chevy Suburban, which does 21mpg (about 13L/100km)! Unbelievable!
    Sean

Comment

Of course there is! Here it is:

Actually a rather cool looking car IMHO, just like the Warthog in Halo as the article mentions. However green it is definitely NOT.
      Sean

Comment

I've heard Arnie go on about his fleet of hummers running on biodiesel and how we don't need to worry about girly things like fuel economy and sustainable living - we can just use biodiesel and everything's OK. Really misses the mark and provides easy fodder for all the stories on how bad biofuels are. In this sense, they are right, unfortunately.
        Robert.
        Site Admin.

Comment

Working...
        X