PDA

View Full Version : Mike

Mike
6th June 2006, 12:48 PM
I am new to the Forum but enjoy the information posted. I was at the Zoom Service Station at Milperra on 3/6 and spoke to the Tanker Driver who was delivering at the time. He advised me that the Bio Diesel used at Zoom is shipped up from Victoria. He also said that Volume Plus outlets were using Bio Diesel and I will check this next time I call at a VP Site.
For any of you travelling intrastate to SW NSW or interstate to South Australia you can fill up at the APS Service Station in Narrandera (Up near Railway Station). They usually sell at about 10c below Petro Diesel price.

yorta2
7th June 2006, 11:25 AM
Thanks Mike. Volume Plus in Nowra (next to the Police Station) is selling bio, although only about 1c lower than Woolies or Coles (with their shopper discount), and another station on the Princes Highway at Wandandian, south of Nowra also has it, but not sure of the price. Availability seems a bit irregular at the Nowra one though.

Robert
7th June 2006, 12:46 PM
Sadly, the supply is variable at all the Volume Plus servos, (but glad to hear that some makes it as far as Nowra). So, you may be getting B0, B5 or B50, or anything in between depending on whether their tanker from their production plant in Moama, VIC (Future Fuels) managed to make it that far on that delivery run.

As for the Zoom servos, I understand that they are supplied by "Diamond Fuels", but thus far Diamond Fuels remain evasive to my questions and will still not even tell me which servos they supply, let alone guarantee a blend! :mad:
If it were not for you generous folk out there reporting things in here, biodiesel and where to get it would still be a complete unknown!

It is still a sad fact that the industry seems to treat their loyal retail public with such distrust and contempt :rolleyes:
For more info on this, see the Future Fuels thread in the Industry Section (http://www.biofuelsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26).

Birddog114
8th June 2006, 02:49 PM
I'm new here too and have ny new truck as the Patrol 3.0 TDi 06.
Reading many pages on this forum with great appreciation to all of you.

I used VP for the past with my ex-4WD on petrol, and using BD for my new Patrol since I got it last month.

I usually filled it up at VP South Strathfield,

First, I didn't notice the sign as BD and didn't know VP sells BD.

Last week, before my trip to Nelson Bay, I stopped as ususal at that VP and filled up the tank, noticed they have a small display note as this pump is BD and such of Australian Standard etc... but no grade as Bxxxxx.
After few nights, back to this forum, reading, this morning (8/06/06) I stopped by and filled up my truck, walked into the counter and asked to the operator:
ME: How much blend in the BD pump?
OP: Hmmm, I think it's 80.
then he looked at the delivery docket,
OP: It's B80
ME: Do you know where these come from?
OP: Nah! I wasn't here last night and didn't talk to the driver.
ME: Thanks.

OK, the colour of the juice is more vibrant in golden yellow, not much smell as the petroldiesel and very less foam + the fumes come out from the exhaust smell as I'm nearby the fish & chip store.

Hope the info helps and yes, VP South Strathfield is selling BD for months now and continuously.

Mike
9th June 2006, 11:02 AM
Birdog,

Filled up at VP Lewisham Wednesday 7/6/06 and definitely BD. Price 139.5 which was 1c below ULP and 9c below nearest Petro Diesel price. Guy behind counter had no idea where it came from.

I heard from ABG (Australian BioDiesel Group) that they hope to improve their supply and retailing efforts in the Sydney Metro area later in the Year. ABG has refinery at Berkeley Vale in the NSW Central Coast area.

Travel safely this W/E.

Cheers

russell
9th June 2006, 12:36 PM
Great to hear some reports coming in! They're getting closer to where I live each time ;).

Maybe it would be worth a new thread just for this purpose with a more obvious title?