Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering Home Production

Hi everyone.

I am thinking about producing my own BioDiesel from WVO (of course after I get a Diesel powered Vehicle).

I am planning on getting a Land Rover Defender 110 with the 300Tdi, and running it on BioDiesel. I hope to produce about 100-150L a week, and to stockpile what I don't use for when im not in production.

Any info on making cheap setups that can make that amount of fuel in a week would be greatly appreciated. Im only in the dreaming stage at the moment, so I'm not in a hurry.

Thanks.
    Adam S.
    Car Enthusiast

'82 RANGE ROVER

Re: Considering Home Production

Hi Adam
    Welcome aboard.
    "If you dream it,You can do it."Famous Walt Disney saying.
    There is a lot of information on the stuff here on the forum and a bunch of very helpfull people who will guide you through.
    Oily here has made a system which he is selling for about $1500.He has done up instruction and the lot.Give him a shout.But first go through the section on Bio Diesel basics.
    All the best and welcome to the green world of Bio Diesel.
    Cheers
    Sauman

Comment

Adam
      I started looking into Biodiesel production and after 2 years I finely started. I kicked myself for not starting earlier as it is piss easy and it doesn't have to cost much either.
      If you have not checked out this site yet have a look it is by far the best I have seen.
      http://www.biodieselcommunity.org/index.php
      The bloke in the house behind us has a Diesel Rangey with a 6litre TurboChev...
      HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
      Canberra

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf_302
        Hi everyone.

I am thinking about producing my own BioDiesel from WVO (of course after I get a Diesel powered Vehicle).

I am planning on getting a Land Rover Defender 110 with the 300Tdi, and running it on BioDiesel. I hope to produce about 100-150L a week, and to stockpile what I don't use for when im not in production.

Any info on making cheap setups that can make that amount of fuel in a week would be greatly appreciated. Im only in the dreaming stage at the moment, so I'm not in a hurry.

Thanks.
        Adam - can't offer advice on the BD production, but on the 110...

The Bosch VE pump fitted to the 300Tdi is of course fine for BD, however, some of them had problems where the case hardening would flake off, meaning a pump rebuild. To check for this on your prospective purchase, pull the engine stop solenoid from the pump, and check that there are no fine metal particles behind it. This problem is in no way related to BD usage.

Also, the injectors on a 300Tdi are one piece non rebuildable, but they aren't too expensive.
        Cheers,

Ben.

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf_302
          Hi everyone.

Thanks.
          If you need up to 150 litres a week you will want to only process once a week or less. If you make a 200 litre processor meaning 160 litres of biodiesel and 40 litres for bi product, you will only have to do one batch a week. There are loads of websites of building processors from 44 gal drums (205 lts). In a nutshell you'll need a 44 gal drum ($15, ) a pump ($50 -100), some ball valves ($50 -70) and a few metres of hose(?). These are the bare ingredients, plus another drum for settling/washing and and another for storage SO maybe $300 min for parts. Not bad for fuel indepandence. Good luck and ask lots more questions. Joe
          Joe Morgan
          Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
          http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
          SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

Working...
          X