Biomethanol source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biomethanol source

Hello all, new forum member, i found the forum whilst searching the net for potential sources of bio methanol - i am currently researching the opportunities for bio DME and the best way to produce seems to be from bio methanol produced from bio mass.

It is interesting to rerad on some of the pages that in the standard biodeisel process the glycerin mixture that you are left with contains levels of methanol?? Does anybody currently separate this on a commercial scale??

Any thoughts or leads for comercial bio methanol production that is up and running would be very useful???

Equally if anyone on here as the potential to produce biomethanol at around 30MT volume please contact me!!

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Biomethanol source

Hi Rihno,
    All coomercial plants have a recovery system for the methanol.
    With regards to BDME bio mass is indeed a good source.However feed source of methane can vary depending on bio mass composition.
    Let me know what are your areas of interest in Research and I will try and see wether my data bank can help.
    The 30MT ME that you want to produce is it for a pilot scale model.
    Send me a e mail on simpledream@sahajsapna.com .
    Will take it from there.
    Cheers
    Sauman

Comment

Re: Biomethanol source

Rhino,
      Methanol can be made cheaply from biomass and at negative cost (think about it) from urban waste. We have a new method PARS (Plasma-Assisted reforming Scrubber) that makes it at least 30% cheaper than existing methods and at a fraction of the capital cost.
      I guess that just made the conventional biodiesel plants obsolete () ?

Comment

Conventional, oil-based biodiesel on its way out ?

Currently, biodiesel can be synthesized for pennies from biomass gasification, and the oil plants can be used WHOLE (no oil pressing). On the other hand, the same technology can efficiently utilize the biodiesel waste - glycerol and muds for energy. One step forward and 2 steps back, it seems ?
        Greetings, Martin

Comment

Working...
        X