Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrol Turbo engine on Biodiesel

Hi peoples
    I am totally new to this and really glad there is a community here in Australia.
    I have a Nissan 180SX with a turbo on "Petrol" (obviously heheh)
    I have read on other articals from euro of modifying a Petrol engine to run biofuel.

My question is "HOW????"

I really would like to run my car on a more enviro fuel and still be able to continue with motorsport.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

Re: Petrol Turbo engine on Biodiesel

Originally posted by Storm View Post
    Hi peoples
    I am totally new to this and really glad there is a community here in Australia.
    I have a Nissan 180SX with a turbo on "Petrol" (obviously heheh)
    I have read on other articals from euro of modifying a Petrol engine to run biofuel.

My question is "HOW????"

I really would like to run my car on a more enviro fuel and still be able to continue with motorsport.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all
    The read says it all Bio fuel is a broard spectrum of fuels. Probably meaning ethanol or E85 whicj is still not a biofuel because petrol is still in it, but an impreovement all the same.

They change a few things like timing , fuel mapping and airflow sensor. Then run E85 but then if they run normal petrol again it runs like shee-ite.

They best you could do for the environment with your current car is to run ethanol E10 as thats the best option our pollititians will allow

Sell it and buy a diesel

Good luck mate and your not the first to ask the question so don't beat yourself up.
    Cheers
    Nick.
    Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW
    sigpic

Comment

thanks for the reply.
      shame I can't run it on pure non petrol biodeisel.

I am looking at making this a pure track car and not actually using it on the road. Would this help my cause??

Comment

Not really. Biodiesel has the same properties as petro-diesel. So, if you want to run biodiesel, you need a diesel engine.

Your only choice for a petrol car is ethanol. The first problem is getting hold of ethanol. If you can solve that, then you'd really only need to modify the timing, as Rodeonick said.

I'm moving this thread into the ethanol section.
        Robert.
        Site Admin.

Comment

I think ethanol can only be sold from bowsers at E10, however I dont believe its illegal to run a car on the street at 100% ethanol, its only that you cant sell it from a bowser marked "petrol"
          So unless your rules you race under say no ethanol, you should be fine, as long as you can get hold of it.
          cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Working...
          X