Does this anger anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does this anger anyone?

This angers me but does not surprise me.

Are not they the sons and daughters of Jesus killers? If they dare to kill the son of the living God will they fear killing a 110?

May the Lord have mercy
    Fitian
    <><

Comment

Angers me too, has for many years. Religious reasons aside, I can't see why such a large slab of the US "foreign aid" budget goes to buying helicopters and other arms for the Israeli forces to go and kill their neighbours. Yes, I know the situation is a lot more complex than that, but it is still not right.
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
        I can't see why such a large slab of the US "foreign aid" budget goes to buying helicopters and other arms for the Israeli forces to go and kill their neighbours. .
        It is simple Rob. Selling helicopters and other arms for Israelis means more money to USA. the more they give Israel the more they sell to other neighbour countries.

Sad isn't it?
        Fitian
        <><

Comment

I cannot imagine any other country allowing its population to be continually rocketed or suicide-bombed for years without a response.

Comment

History tells us that Israel attacked/invaded other countries. Egypt is one of them. Creating hate towards them from all the arab/islamic countries.

I guess this is why USA is much disliked now because Israel has been USA's little baby for many years.
            Fitian
            <><

Comment

My thoughts are, if war is the answer, then the question is flawed....

I also think there is the problem in the schoolyard where one kiddy is upset by another kiddy, and convinces other kiddies to help in his conflict. Country/ group conflicts are not dissimilar.

Killing people is wrong. It doesnt matter if the other person killed a member of your family, if you kill him, then he has a reason to kill you or another member of your family, so it continues. The same sentence with family / group/ country still holds

eventually it needs to stop. Someone needs to say I wont continue it. Working out who is to blame is futile while 2 parties are behaving incorrectly. Same a schoolyard, same as any other 2 groups.

A simplistic argument but has some points.
              cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Originally posted by Fitian View Post
                History tells us that Israel attacked/invaded other countries. Egypt is one of them. Creating hate towards them from all the arab/islamic countries.

I guess this is why USA is much disliked now because Israel has been USA's little baby for many years.
                History tells us the problems have been there for the better part of 1000 years (or more) and they are nowhere near as one sided as you suggest.

Sadly society always seems to remember the hatred, but never the cause. So they just keep fighting because it's the way it has always been.
                Please click below for info on how you can help the victims of spinal injury, or just spread the word.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyH View Post
                  Sadly society always seems to remember the hatred, but never the cause. So they just keep fighting because it's the way it has always been.
                  Could you imagine a relationships counselor at the peace table? "ok you are justified in retailating for the deaths of those close to you..... But is it working for you?, are you getting the outcomes you want, or is it causing more retailation?"
                  cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Echidna View Post
                    I also think there is the problem in the schoolyard where one kiddy is upset by another kiddy, and convinces other kiddies to help in his conflict. Country/ group conflicts are not dissimilar.
                    I think your comparison is pretty apt. I was particularly struck when I saw the Israeli PM on TV a couple of days ago saying something like, "Well they started it. If they stopped killing us then we would stop killing them". It sounded so childish just like my kids' playground banter. The only difference is that they play their games with deadly weapons.
                    Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Fitian View Post

History
                      1947/48: Israel became a Nation recognised by UN

1948: Arab military forces began their invasion of Israel on May 15 with 8,000 to 10,000 Egyptians, 2,000 to 4,000 Iraqis, 4,000 to 5,000 Transjordanians, 3,000 to 4,000 Syrians, 1,000 to 2,000 Lebanese, and smaller numbers of Saudi Arabian and Yemeni troops, about 25,000 in all.

1956: Sinai War - Following attacks on Israeli settlements originating from Egyptian-held territory and Nasser's new agreement to buy arms from the Soviet Union, Israel initially launched raids against the Egyptians and followed it up with a pre-emptive strike while Britain and France moved ito secure the Suez Canal.

1967: Six Day War -On 13 May Egypt reinforced its forces in the Sinai border and Israel mobilized in response.

1973: Yom Kippur War - On 6 October Egyptian and Syrian forces launched a surprise attack on Israel.

1987: The Intifada - Between 1987 and 1993, Palestinian civilians protested Israeli occupation in an ongoing campaign of loosely organized confrontations in which Palestinian youths burned automobiles and pelted Israeli Defense Force (IDF) troops with rocks.

2000: The Al-Aqsa Intifada began in September 2000

2006: Lebanon - On 12 July eight IDF soldiers were killed and two kidnapped, following an attack by Hizbullah on the border with Lebanon. Hizbullah simultaneously launched Katyusha attacks against Israel.

Comment

A very selective history, that one...

Comment

I doubt that there will ever be peace in the middle east while Israel exists as a nation and all its neighbours are committed to its annihilation.

The only hope for 'peace' is when Israel no longer exists.

..on the other hand, if 'Peak Oil' is a bigger problem than 'Global Warming' and as imminent as another thread suggest, then people will cease caring what happens on top of the Arabian sands in a few years from now.

Comment

well said mr walker peace is when israel no longer exists

Israel was created to give Jews a homeland,which they did not have.

So how do you think all the resident people felt when they were displaced and forced to give up what was theirs and give it to people that flooded in from all over the world,who really had nothing to do with the place.{except some religous claim} but then palistinians had that too!! and were still pushed out
                            From memory one of the main reasons the US gives so much aid to israel, is that prophesses say that israel must exist in the final days,and all the prophesses can be fulfilled so that we can all go to fairy heaven land. I.E. no Israel......no heaven
                            We are intelligent reasonable people. WHY cant we elect governments that simply ban war, world wide,i often wish we could.
                            Or is that a simplistic childish thought as silly as going to heaven , , , , ,and just not going to happen,
                            as long as we put up with greedy people making money out of war
                            dagwill
                            Last edited by dagwill; 8 March 2008, 04:14 PM.

Comment

The land that is now Israel has changed hands between the Jews, the Christians and the Muslims many, many times in the last thousand years.

Why do you think Israel is where it is?

Do the children who are born there, have any less right to be there than the previous inhabitants?

Originally posted by dagwill View Post
                              We are intelligent reasonable people. WHY cant we elect governments that simply ban war, world wide,i often wish we could.
                              Or is that a simplistic childish thought as silly as going to heaven , , , , ,and just not going to happen,
                              as long as we put up with greedy people making money out of war
                              How would you enforce it? A severe "telling off"?
                              Please click below for info on how you can help the victims of spinal injury, or just spread the word.

Comment

Working...
                              X