PDA

View Full Version : Have you found E85 for sale in your area?

envirofuel
3rd March 2008, 09:51 PM
(automatically updated/inserted from The Envirofuels Blog)

A reader has just informed me that E85 is available in the Shoalhaven and Illawarra regions of NSW. This is not really surprising since the Manildra ethanol plant is nearby. What is surprising is that E85 is selling for just under $1 per litre.

Please click this link to read the full article on the Envirofuels website. (http://envirofuel.com.au/2008/03/03/have-you-found-e85-for-sale-in-your-area/)

TroyH
5th March 2008, 05:41 PM
Isn't it still mandated by the federal government that e10 was the maxumim blend of ethanol?

Hence the petition to allow e85 last year.

Would be good if they had changed the law!

tillyfromparadise
5th March 2008, 06:30 PM
There is a station not too far away selling E95

When I stopped and inquired I found that the 95 was the octane rating.
It was 10% ethanol by volume.

RODEONICK
6th March 2008, 04:44 AM
i'll check both of the shoalhaven ethanol servo's out next time i go down the coast and report back on my findings. Or maybe YORTA could swing by the nowra ethanol servo? Kinghorne St next to LA Porchetta Resturant.:)

RODEONICK
19th April 2008, 12:48 PM
I cheched out both the albion park and nowra Ethanol servos and neither had E85 only E10. Didn't have BIO which is a shame. Anyhow at least it supports a rural economy to some extent.:)

Terry Syd
19th April 2008, 01:56 PM
I see a Shell station out at Dural (Sydney) has E10 listed on the board. This might have potential. I could mix 4 litres of water with 10 litres of E10 and come up with a 20% ethanol/water blend for my water injection system. The left over petrol could go in my wife's car.

joe
19th April 2008, 03:46 PM
There is a station not too far away selling E95

When I stopped and inquired I found that the 95 was the octane rating.
It was 10% ethanol by volume.

There's a place just near mine thats selling B100. 100% brilliant!!