PDA

View Full Version : glycerol and other oils requirement

Nikhil
19th March 2008, 04:22 PM
Hi

I am looking to buy Glycerol which is the by product of bio disel, i have a monthly requirement of 300MT, and i am trying to source the producers of glycerol. Could someone please suggest me or direct me to the producers.

I am as well looking for various products like used vegetable oil, recycled oil or any other oil which has high energy values for Livestock.

Thanks

Nikhil

Tony From West Oz
20th March 2008, 12:34 AM
Contact Gull Petroleum in Brisbane or SAFF in South Australia. They may be able to help you.

darren leonadas
20th March 2008, 01:40 PM
In Melbourne you may try to contact "Greenlife oil" in Sunshine North and ask for leads in the supply of Glycerine, Or "Fina Fuels" in Thomas town.

trevor w
2nd April 2008, 02:18 AM
Nikhil, Can you be more specific, do you mean glycerine as the straight by-product from veg. oil after making bio-diesel or by glycerol do you mean 85-90% industrial glycerine with fats, soaps and ethanol removed, or just ethanol removed.
I am about to enter the ethanol removal stage, and the soaps and fats stage as a trial as to whether it is viable and this would also depend on the price people like you are prepared to pay for the various products.
My production levels vary with my usage, but if it is viable I'm sure there would be many members prepared to pool supply in order to fill your order.
you can email trevorw@dcsi.net.au Regards Trevor