Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collection waste cooking oil

Hi All,

someone knows if somewhere in the world there is an existing collection system for "domestic" used cooking oils as biofuel?
    In particulary I'm searching for a case where these oils are collected and recovered as WVO, not as biodiesel.

Many thanks in advance.
    Leonardo F

Re: Collection waste cooking oil

Originally posted by Leonardo F
    Hi All,

someone knows if somewhere in the world there is an existing collection system for "domestic" used cooking oils as biofuel?
    In particulary I'm searching for a case where these oils are collected and recovered as WVO, not as biodiesel.

Many thanks in advance.
    Leonardo F
    Hi there
    If you do a search for a company called AUSCOL here in Australia you will get some answers Those guys have been doing it for over 60 years and collect about 40,000 Tonne per annum which is sold into the soap manufacturing as well as the stockfeed markets Another mob here is Transpec located in Brisbane as well as Collex They may have a website so go for it
    Cheers
    Chris
    Cheers
    Chris
    Never give up :)

Comment

Originally posted by Leonardo F
      Hi All,

Many thanks in advance.
      Leonardo F
      Here is the link
      http://www.auscol.com.au/
      Chris
      Cheers
      Chris

Comment

Chris,
        Leonardo was looking for household (domestic) oil collection services, not 'commercial premises' oil collection services.
        Tony
        Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
        '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
        '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
        '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
        '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
        '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
        '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
        '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
        '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
        '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
        '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
        '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
        '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
        Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Originally posted by Tony From West Oz
          Chris,
          Leonardo was looking for household (domestic) oil collection services, not 'commercial premises' oil collection services.
          Tony
          Hi Tony,
          Thanks for the correction Jumped the gun a bit on this one I am not aware of any one doing it here
          Cheers
          Chris
          Cheers
          Chris

Comment

I was interested to know what Auscol may charge for their oil and if it may be worth buying it already dewatered and filtered especially as I was looking at running an SVO system. I thought it may be viable getting say 1000 litres at a time to make it worth their while selling it and mine collecting it.

So far I have emailed them several times and recieved read recipts but never any reply. Pretty disapointing realy.

Comment

Originally posted by David
              I was interested to know what Auscol may charge for their oil and if it may be worth buying it already dewatered and filtered especially as I was looking at running an SVO system. I thought it may be viable getting say 1000 litres at a time to make it worth their while selling it and mine collecting it.

So far I have emailed them several times and recieved read recipts but never any reply. Pretty disapointing realy.
              What you are likely to get from the oil collectors is a mixture of oils, mainly the tallows and hydrogenated vegetable oils. It is likely to have a high FFA content and a high water content.

You will need to test each delivery to ensure that you know what you are getting.
              If you are paying a premium for the oil, you may be able to specift the FFA% and water content at low levels. The lower these are, the higher the premium.
              Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
              '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
              '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
              '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
              '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
              '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
              '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
              '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
              '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
              '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
              '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
              '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
              '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
              Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Originally posted by Tony From West Oz
                What you are likely to get from the oil collectors is a mixture of oils, mainly the tallows and hydrogenated vegetable oils. It is likely to have a high FFA content and a high water content.

You will need to test each delivery to ensure that you know what you are getting.
                If you are paying a premium for the oil, you may be able to specift the FFA% and water content at low levels. The lower these are, the higher the premium.
                Hi there all
                Spot on Tony a mixture indeed In Melbourne they are quoting "vegetable" ???? oil at $600.00 per tonne filtered at 5% or less FFA I am not so certain about water levels in it thoughThey are pretty good down here
                Cheers
                Chris
                Cheers
                Chris

Comment

Hi Leonardo. If you're only interested in domestic oil removal then why do you care whether they make bio-d or run svo? What if they made pet food or industrial soap or tires? Just curious.

Comment

Hi Dear,

RE; Need help with WVO collection system?

We can help in USA ... contact NAZCO (biodiesel-buy.com)
                    B/ regards .... Adam

Originally posted by Leonardo F View Post
                    Hi All,

Many thanks in advance.
                    Leonardo F

Comment

Working...
                    X