Malaysia suspends biodiesel effort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malaysia suspends biodiesel effort

It was inevitable that this would come to pass. So what is going to happen to all the Australian companies that are coming on line and need the palm oil?

"KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia — Malaysia has suspended giving new licenses for biodiesel production projects amid concerns that an excess of projects could deprive the food market of palm oil, widely used in cooking, a report said Monday."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/fn/4020262.html

Re: Malaysia suspends biodiesel effort

Hi Syd
    Interesting reading indeed, have no doubt that we are already facing a shortage of feedstock here
    I have posted a few msg's here in so far what we can produce in oil seeds in this country as well as dollar figures as to the cost of producing biodiesel since about 75-80% of the cost of production is in the oil
    It is interesting to note as well that Sugar prices nowdays are effectively tied up to Ethanol production rather than food
    If you have a look at some of my post's you will find that I have been saying that all along I have also posted today a biodiesel spot prices document that also makes interesting reading as to the plants that are due to go on stream in Europe amazing stuff
    We do live in interesting times
    From a good hobby, come money saving, come environmentally friendly renewable fuel the biodiesel amateurs created a global industry
    I can see that it will be having controls put upon it for the very same reason Not enough to go around so as to feed as well as to move people
    Cheers
    Chris
    Cheers
    Chris
    Never give up :)

Comment

Re: Malaysia suspends biodiesel effort

Hi
      Terry Syd, Chris, and everyone else out there with the same worries over the CPO (Crude Palm Oil),
      There is a way but you must be quick before the conglomerates get it all and then you will be in the same predicament as you are now – Worried about future supplies.
      Jatropha Curcas plantations in Indonesia – Low investment – High yields and profits.
      Our new plants are producing seeds at two months and in decent soil have a yield of 4 tons the first year and we believe from the growth patterns at present we should achieve 25 tons in the 4th year. Try getting Palm Oil plants to do that – Or any other feedstock crop!!
      Interested – Contact me.
      Regards,
      Peter

Comment

Working...
      X