Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hands-Up all those silly enough to believes big businesses and governments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands-Up all those silly enough to believes big businesses and governments?

Some of the members who have read my rants...I'll keep this one short...know only to well what I think of our “benevolent” big businesses and most of our wonderful “benevolent” governments . You will also know I'm all for BioDiesel, Electric Cars/Vehicles, Natural Gas Vehicles and other ways to drive our vehicles and power our cities and industries, ways that will free us from the big petroleum conglomerates! Anyway, I was visiting a couple of other forums, electric vehicle forums, when I found a link to a DVD titled: Who Killed The Electric Car? I bought the DVD and it arrived yesterday, it is American so I had to run it on my PC. After watching the DVD I am even more convince that American big businesses and American governments are not in the least benevolent towards their people! I have no reason to believe our Australian big businesses and our government are any better! If they are not worse!
    After watching the DVD I can report that there “was” a great “in-demand” electric car, built and “leased” to the people of California back in and around 1988...The electric car was the EV-1, developed and built at GM! That's 20 years ago! How far could we have come with battery technology and Evs, had American big businesses, GM included, and various American government departments...even up to the white house, NOT killed the Electric Car from GM, the beaut EV-1!
    The DVD, Who Killed The Electric Car? Is a great documentary where people do not pull their punches, at the same time, it leaves the viewer to make-up their own mind. If you have seen Who Killed The Electric Car? To me it only proves my point about big businesses and governments of all elks...they don't give a dam about the people or the environment! They only care about making another gazillion bucks! What do you think?

Bill
    Who says you can't teach old dogs new tricks?
    This old dog has been learning new tricks for years and...
    I hope I can continue to do so!:cool:

Re: Hands-Up all those silly enough to believes big businesses and governments?

it only proves my point about big businesses and governments of all elks...they don't give a dam about the people or the environment! They only care about making another gazillion bucks! What do you think?
    kando, unforetunatly much the same could be said about the vested interests (Al Gore, for one) pushing the, so called, human caused global warming agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEVY View Post
      kando, unforetunatly much the same could be said about the vested interests (Al Gore, for one) pushing the, so called, human caused global warming agenda.
      I think Chevy is putting his hand up.
      Captain Echidna
      Last edited by Captain Echidna; 18 June 2008, 08:26 PM.
      cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

I think Chevy is putting his hand up.
        Ya taint been reedin me uder posts then Capt. If you had, it would be a bit hard to say I agree with the Rudd governments 'belief' in AGW.

And my thoughts on the Al Gore (100 million dollar man) big bissiness approch to AGW....

...But we better say no more...sssh, carnt discuss AGW here

Comment

I have the video too. Just an update on the batteries in the car. The patent was bought by Chevron who removed the batteries from production as well as the newer type that were in the last model EVI. The good news is their scam was a fizzer because new technology means nobody uses the old ones and it would seem the new ones are not for sale. They are in the new cars on sale in the U.S.A. and E.U. and are available in OZ too. The people who had them and the F150 and the other car, I cant remember what brand, didn't think them unsafe or awkward to use Probably because they passed the Californian safe tests. Very impressive vehicles. Get a back copy of Renew magazine for the info on the cars available now. I followed the EV1 through Popular Science up till early 90's as well. The Reva will be available in Perth too which will be a huge bonus for electric cars powered by solar power.
          Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X