Beginner here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner here

Giday , I have nothing right now I want to know exactly how to make this BioDesiel.
    Whats the process?
    step by step .
    Where can i get the stuff I need?
    I hear Methenol is made in the production, That is used in the making of Bio Desiel, why can't i use that methenol instead of buying more methenol?
    If I was making 50 litres for example, what amount of ,for example KOH would I add to 50 litres of Oil from the fish and chip shop?
    Please explain all this in good detail
    Allen C
    Blue mountains fieros
    C/-Georgia fiero Club

Re: Beginner here

Proff,
    Welcome to the forum.
    One thing you will learn quickly here, we love to help people who take the time to do their research instead of just showing up and demanding to be told how to do it all.
    This is a community and communities work best with cooperation, where everyone does something to benefit the community.

Please take the time to read the information already posted here about the subject of your interest.
    Use the basic search engine here or use Google to seatch within this site if you prefer a full featurd search engine.
    When you have learnt the basics we have posted over the past number of years, then come back with some intelligent questions.
    We will be happy to help someone who has taken the time to learn from what we have written.

Until then......

Regards,
    Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Hello Allen,

There is a lot to get your head around in learning the processes in making biodiesel.

This website, has a very good tutorial section and will get you well on the way to inderstanding. After taking your time and reading the linked site, come back here and ask away.

Comment

I can see this is going to be a long slow process

Ok by reading parts of that web site i see this is going to be a long slow process,
        I am collecting the oil twice each week, it looks dirty.
        whats the first step?
        I guess filtering
        Proff128
        Biofuels Forum Newbie
        Last edited by Proff128; 30 June 2008, 11:02 PM. Reason: forgot something to add
        Allen C
        Blue mountains fieros
        C/-Georgia fiero Club

Comment

Probably collecting the gear you need, at least to do some 1L test batches.
          Working out the acidity of the oil will be the very first step.
          The Dr pepper method is recomended by many.
          And shouldnt this be in biodiesel somewhere, not ethanol discussion?
          cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Working...
          X