Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Hilux support...

Hello all,

I am new to this list but have been using SVO/PPO and biodiesel for the last 70,000 km in my Golf. I live in Canada and recently imported a Hilux Surf from Japan. My problem is simple maintenance: Does anyone know where to get oil filters, air filters, etc., for a reasonable price (even by the case) that can be shipped to Canada?

Also, if anyone on this list has ever changed the oil filter on their late 80s/early 90s Toyota 2LT engine, how the heck do you get access to the filter? It's tight in there!

How have you found these engines on biodiesel / PPO?

Please email me directly with replies.

Best regards,
    Adam Gagnon
    ajgagnon at nucleus.com

Re: Toyota Hilux support...

www.toyotasurf.asn.au

Comment

Hi Adam,
      Try Ebay. As long as you know the party number and can cross reference to make sure you are bound to get a great deal.

Cheers,
      cameron

Comment

Hi Adam,

Also try and find a Hilux Surf online forum (I know there is one here down under) and I'd be surprised if there wasn't one in North America somewhere.
        They usually have good, local and up-to-date information on all the part numbers, suppliers, mechanics and the like

cheers,

geoff.

Comment

Atchbo, congratulations on your new-to-you Hilux. I just got mine back in June and immediately drove it from Vancouver to Halifax with no problem.
          You're actually pretty close to the self-proclaimed biggest Landcruiser / Hilux parts supplier in Canada. They are up in Edmonton and located on the web here at http://4wheelauto.com/ . I've ordered air filters, fuel filters and an engine manual from them and they were top notch. They'll need your year of manufacture, model # and VIN # to send you the correct parts for your truck. For more forum support, the best tech site that I've found is the Aussie site in the above posts. Another helpful site with a bit of North American perspective check out http://www.toyotadieselmadness.com/ .

Cheers,

Like Joe Dirt says "You gotta keep on keepin' on..."

Comment

Not sure of your exact model, but under the right hand side wheel arch is a small flap of steel held on by 2 screws. remove this and presto, easy access to oil filter!!!

This was correct on my brothers old surf, it may be different on yours.....

Have Fun

Milhouse

Comment

Working...
            X