PDA

View Full Version : Biodiesel workshop in Adelaide

kyoshi
25th July 2008, 02:24 PM
For anyone who is interested in learning how biodiesel is made or wishes to refine their knowledge, Jonathon Thwaites from the University of WA will be running a workshop in Adelaide at the Burnside RSL Hall, 13 Beatty St, Linden Park on the 27th September between 9.00am - 1.00pm

If you wish to find out more just link to:

Sustainability at UWA - Biodiesel (http://www.sustainability.ofm.uwa.edu.au/welcome/biodiesel)

By the way my involvement comes from making an enquiry to Jonathon about a previous course he ran in Adelaide a while ago. He said he was keen to do another one, so he asked if I was interested, I said yes and he provided a date. As a member of the RSL I arranged the hall and bingo the workshop was arranged.

If you wish to come along you can give me a call on 0408833923

Gary

Tony From West Oz
27th July 2008, 02:26 PM
Gary,
While I support Jonathon's Biodiesel workshops, it is not the same workshop which we ran a few years ago in Melbourne Mt Gambier and Adelaide. I believe that this one does not deal with veggie conversions at all, purely biodiesel.

I have copied the course content information from the above page:

9:00 - 10:00 Biofuels and Biodiesel introduction
10:00 - 10:30 Biodiesel demonstration, making a 2 litre batch in class
10:30 - 11:00 Morning tea and discussion
11:00 - 11:30 Theory on biodiesel chemistry, testing
11:30 - 12:00 Finish biodiesel lab
12:00 - 1:00 Legal aspects, the future of biofuels, conclusion etc

I wouldn't want anyone to be disappointed in the course content, expecting it to also deal with veggie conversion of vehicles.

Regards,
Tony

kyoshi
29th July 2008, 12:43 AM
Hi Tony

Thanks for your interest and the information you have provided.

And you are correct, the the workshop isn't about about using SVO with vehicle modifications. And while this is a practical solution for some, it isn't for others.

Personally, I am very keen, as I am sure others would be of having the finer points of biodiesel making explained by a respected authority.

Just follow the link to Jonathan's University of WA website to get his credentials.

Cheers,

Gary