Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Central Queensland now has a BioDiesel supplier!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Queensland now has a BioDiesel supplier!

You heard it here first 8)

I did mention, quite a while ago, that a fuel distributor had committed to selling BioDiesel, but that I didn't have more information.

Well. Now I do. This isn't an official announcement, but I had been given permission to blab everything I know. So here it is!

The fuel company is Central State Fuels, (note - the website sucks. This is my fault, and I'm looking for a web designer to fix it) the Mobil distributor based in Gladstone, QLD. As of this moment you can call them up and they will deliver you B20 or B100 (and, of course, B0 if you want pure dino-juice, but why would you be reading this if you did?). The BioDiesel they're using comes from Tallow, and is manufactured in Mackay (I believe). Over the next 6 months, some of the rest of the Queensland Mobil distributors will (_probably_) begin selling this too.

B20 will be available directly from the bowsers in the Rockhampton and Gladstone depots 'shortly'. BioDiesel MAY be available from the two Mobil Roadhouses in Rockhampton too, depending on demand.

B100 can be delivered in a tanker (eg, 5,000L+), a rental trailer that you can tow with a car (1000L, I think) or 207L drums ('55 Gallon'). You can also order and pick up from the Depots, if you want.

The coverage area of Central State Fuels runs along the coast from around Miriam Vale to Rockhampton, and west out to Longreach. Depending on demand, they may keep drums of B100 in stock, or they may fill them on request.

Note that anything that seems obviously wrong to the more educated on BioD than me, is purely my fault, and a mis-understanding on my behalf. Please feel free to contact CSF with any questions you may have.

Head Office (Gladstone)
    69 Hanson Road,
    Gladstone, QLD, 4680
    Phone: 07-4976-6500
    Fax: 07-4972-6110

--Rob

Re: Central Queensland now has a BioDiesel supplier!

Here's a couple of corrections:

Originally posted by xrobau View Post
    B20 will be available directly from the bowsers in the Rockhampton and Gladstone depots 'shortly'. BioDiesel MAY be available from the two Mobil Roadhouses in Rockhampton too, depending on demand.
    It will be available from Gladstone Depot, and Rockhampton 'Tourist' servo. Tourist is the one on the way out of Rockhampton, heading north.

It will also be available from Emerald Depot (see the Biodiesel finder) on the forecourt. The plumbing and bowser locations at Longreach means that it won't be able to be supplied there until the site is revamped.

--Rob

Comment

Any plans for the supply of biodiesel north of Mackay in the near future?

Comment

Originally posted by RustyNQ View Post
        Rusty,
        there's a mob making it in Mossman, north of Cairns and they have opened (are opening?) a depot/processing facility in Cairns. I have bought one x 200 litre drum off them but they are unable to keep up with demand, even for some of their long term customers.

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by RustyNQ View Post
          How far north? I'm pretty sure all the Mackay Mobil's will be rolling out BioD in the bowser (and I'd be surprised if they couldn't supply it now if you call them)

Mobil Mackay area:McDonald Murphy Mobil Fuel Services .. I'm not sure who you'd want to talk to there about it.

The next distributor north is the Towsville area (including the big one at Bowen).. Malpass Enterprises - home - Their official statement is that they do not supply BioDiesel, as they don't have a reliable supplier of it yet. Obviously if you rang up and said you want 10,000L every month, I'm sure they'd find a way to get you some, but it's not that useful for the small consumer. Sorry. FWIW, the Rosslea (Bowen Rd, T'ville) and Rio Don sites (Bowen) do have BioD compatible bowsers, but it's a matter of getting a reliable supply.

--Rob

Comment

Working...
          X