PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Patrol on Straight Veggie for Sale

GUB
21st July 2006, 06:13 PM
Hello everyone,

My Nissan Patrol that runs on straight veggie oil is for sale. I have made up an ad with all of the details below.

http://www.fuelingourfuture.com/patrol.htm

Thanks
Gabe

simonmc
31st August 2006, 10:26 PM
Hi there, do you know if you can convert a 1998 to 2000 Nissan Patrol to run on SVO? Your car sounds fantastic. Cheers

Tony From West Oz
1st September 2006, 12:49 AM
Simon Mc,
If the engine has an injector pump, it can be converted to run on veggie oil. Different engine types (IDI Vs DI) and some IP makes may need special treatment. The conversions which have been shown to have the least impact on engine longevity are those which use 2 tanks (one for startup and shutdown, the other for veggie oil).
Have a search on "Used Cooking Oil" and find one of the first threads, which shows the conversion I did on a Mercedes 300D. The principles are the same for most diesels which have an IP.

simonmc
1st September 2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks Tony, I am new to the game and looking for a diesel wagon that I can convert to SVO. I only have around $15K to spend on the car but need some room as we are about to have a baby. We are going to be living out in the bush next year so would like something reliable. Have looked at freelanders, peugeots and patrols. Do you have any suggestions? Running on SVO is our goal by the end of the year. Cheers

Tony From West Oz
3rd September 2006, 01:55 PM
If you are after a 4WD, there are plenty out there. Body styles include Personell carriers, station wagons, trayback & crew cabs utes, are all available.
A crew cab ute with trayback appeals to me, for the under tray location of the added Veg oil tank, but with plenty of inside space for your family.