Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan Patrol on Straight Veggie for Sale

Hello everyone,

My Nissan Patrol that runs on straight veggie oil is for sale. I have made up an ad with all of the details below.

http://www.fuelingourfuture.com/patrol.htm

Thanks
    Gabe

Re: Nissan Patrol on Straight Veggie for Sale

Hi there, do you know if you can convert a 1998 to 2000 Nissan Patrol to run on SVO? Your car sounds fantastic. Cheers

Comment

Simon Mc,
      If the engine has an injector pump, it can be converted to run on veggie oil. Different engine types (IDI Vs DI) and some IP makes may need special treatment. The conversions which have been shown to have the least impact on engine longevity are those which use 2 tanks (one for startup and shutdown, the other for veggie oil).
      Have a search on "Used Cooking Oil" and find one of the first threads, which shows the conversion I did on a Mercedes 300D. The principles are the same for most diesels which have an IP.
      Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
      '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
      '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
      '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
      '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
      '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
      '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
      '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
      '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
      '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
      '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
      '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
      '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
      Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Thanks Tony, I am new to the game and looking for a diesel wagon that I can convert to SVO. I only have around $15K to spend on the car but need some room as we are about to have a baby. We are going to be living out in the bush next year so would like something reliable. Have looked at freelanders, peugeots and patrols. Do you have any suggestions? Running on SVO is our goal by the end of the year. Cheers

Comment

If you are after a 4WD, there are plenty out there. Body styles include Personell carriers, station wagons, trayback & crew cabs utes, are all available.
          A crew cab ute with trayback appeals to me, for the under tray location of the added Veg oil tank, but with plenty of inside space for your family.
          Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
          '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
          '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
          '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
          '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
          '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
          '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
          '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
          '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
          '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
          '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
          '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
          '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
          Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Working...
          X