Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all.

New member here... freezing his arse off in sunny Hobart *cough*

Proud new owner of a Toyota HJ60 Diesel for a bargain price.

Fooling with Biodiesel mixes.

Got my Methanol... got my WVO... PH testers.... assorted drums, containers, heaters...

and a Wife thinking I've gone mad.

any other locals around this misbegotten island?

The joker working at the fuel depot kinda hinted that they sold a lot of Methanol to 'diesel makers'

Re: Hello all.

G'day Kamel, there are a few of us around, if you need help you'll get it here. Are you setting up a processor or doing it by hand. I'm presently sealing my system as I don't like the healths risks with methanol and hope to recover it and also make ethanol to replace it in time. Don't yet know how you make koh, then I could be self sufficient. It would be great to be able to do the process from crop to tank from your own resources.

All the best with it and hope to hear more from you .

Comment

Haven't decided yet. Don't know if a large processor is worthwhile... although I do have an old hotwater system under the house I could convert.

Managed to snag an old 30L hot water urn that still works for heating.

Might rig up something in the 20 - 50L range for now...

That'd keep me supplied. We shall see.

Looking for KOH supplies down here if you know of any. Would prefer it to NAOH.

Comment

Hi .
        I have just bought a 78 model bedford bus and am interested in making my own fuel and am as green as at the moment. I live in Triabunna and would like to get in touch with anyone in the southern end of the state to throw a few ideas around.
        This is the first time I have even written to a forum so hope I have gone about the right way.
        Individual communication would help.
        Saltie

Comment

Working...
        X