Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posting images and documents to a message.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting images and documents to a message.

Most regulars here will be aware of the methods of attaching pictures to a post.
    Some new members may not be aware of the methods we use.
    Here are 2 which I use.
    Others may wish to add to this list or correct any errors or typos I have inadvertantly included here.

There are 2 ways to post pictures:
    1. Upload them to a photo hosting site and link them to your post using the picture icon in the message toolbar.
    2. Upload the images directly to the forum using the [Manage Attachments] button in the "Additional Options" section below the message window.

When posting, please ensure that the image is not so large that it is wider than the normal column width of posts in the topic. This causes the text not to wrap and is wider than the screen on some computers, causing the reader to scroll back and forth to read the message.
    This is inconsiderate and tiresome to many who wish to read the posts and look at the image, without having to scroll across the page to see it all.

Microsoft has some "Powertools" including an image resizing tool which can size images and save the resized images in the same directory as the original image, with a modified file name eg xxxxsmall.jpg is the small size resized image of xxxx.jpg.

A quick google should reveals you can obtain a free copy of this utility HERE.

Regards,
    Tony
    ps, Method 2 allows uploading of files with the following extensions:bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt xls zip.

There are size restrictions and the files may not be supported when uploading to Personal Messages.
    Tony From West Oz
    Vice Chairperson of WARFA
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 12 November 2008, 09:38 PM.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Posting images and documents to a message.

Photo posting using Photobucket:
    You can upload your photos to an online image hosting site such as Photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com). See the following site for more photo hosting options. free image hosting

To link to a picture from Photobucket:

1) Have the picture in digital format. If it a photograph on photographic paper you will need to use a scanner to get it onto a computer. If it is a digital camera then just load the file onto your computer.

2) Re-size the picture to sensible proportions (Try to have it not larger than 800 x 600). Please try to keep photos on the smaller side, both for ease of viewing and quicker download time for those on dial-up connections.

3) Save the picture as a .jpg or .gif

4) In your posting, make an "IMG" link directly to the image to display as an actual part of your posting by typing like this:

[img*]http://www.yoursite.com/image.jpg[*/img]

HINT FOR STEP 4
    TICK THE BOX ABOVE THE PHOTO BEING USED
    COPY THE "IMG CODE" (4TH UNDER YOUR PHOTO) AND PASTE IN YOUR MESSAGE

**********(make sure there are no *, I had to do that so it wouldn't think these were actual links.)

To view how your message and photos will look before submitting your message, you can choose the preview button to be sure everything looks the way you had hoped.

Comment

Re: Posting images and documents to a message.

Originally posted by Tony From West Oz View Post
      Most regulars here will be aware of the methods of attaching pictures to a post.
      Some new members may not be aware of the methods we use.
      Here are 2 which I use.
      Others may wish to add to this list or correct any errors or typos I have inadvertantly included here.

There are 2 ways to post pictures:
      1. Upload them to a photo hosting site and link them to your post using the picture icon in the message toolbar.
      2. Upload the images directly to the forum using the [Manage Attachments] button in the "Additional Options" section below the message window.

When posting, please ensure that the image is not so large that it is wider than the normal column width of posts in the topic. This causes the text not to wrap and is wider than the screen on some computers, causing the reader to scroll back and forth to read the message.
      This is inconsiderate and tiresome to many who wish to read the posts and look at the image, without having to scroll across the page to see it all.

Microsoft has some "Powertools" including an image resizing tool which can size images and save the resized images in the same directory as the original image, with a modified file name eg xxxxsmall.jpg is the small size resized image of xxxx.jpg.

A quick google should reveals you can obtain a free copy of this utility HERE.

Regards,
      Tony
      ps, Method 2 allows uploading of files with the following extensions:bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt xls zip.

There are size restrictions and the files may not be supported when uploading to Personal Messages.

Please NOTE: Method 2 no longer works on this forum.
      Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Previous Vehicles:
      '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
      '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)

Comment

Re: Posting images and documents to a message.

I have devised a method of uploading images to the forum. Unfortunately they will be in a word document so will not be visible until the document is opened.
        It is about 11 years since I posted how to attach images to your post. Since then much has changed in the software that supports the forum. As a result my initial post is not relevant to the current software.
        One work-around I devised tonight is to paste the image into a word document and upload the word document to the forum. Take care to keep the document small as it will be rejected if too large. I uploaded the following document tonight.

Tony
        Attached Files

Previous Vehicles:

Comment

Working...
        X