Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper reactor /processor ?

Hi ,
    I'm about to build a reactor/processor . I have the option of using 180 litre old hot water cylinders for this purpose . One is made of steel and the other is made of copper . I like the lighter weight of the copper cylinder but am wondering if it would have enough strength for a reactor ? Also which would last longer in this corrosive environment , steel or copper ??? . Comments please .
    pangit
    Last edited by pangit; 11 September 2008, 10:34 AM. Reason: Spelling

Re: Cooper reactor /processor ?

Gday,I would use the one that is in the best condition and has a dome bottom.You may have to use your heater upside down.regards Westwinds

Comment

Re: Cooper reactor /processor ?

go the steelly then sell the copper one to the scrappy to buy yourself a new mixing pump with your cashback.
      Cheers
      Nick.
      Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW
      sigpic

Comment

Re: Copper reactor /processor ?

Thanks guys for your imput . Looks like I'll be going with the copper cylinder due to it light weight . I wanna build a portable processor so weight is a big consideration .Thats as long as it will stand the corrosive environment .
        Cheers
        Simon.

Comment

Working...
        X