BIO number plate sticker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIO number plate sticker

Anyone interested in a sticker for their number plate to show their use and support of BioDiesel?

I believe our common goal is to promote, increase interest and develop a market for environmentally sound biofuels such as biodiesel. To achieve this goal we have to communicate. The most successful from of communication is advertising although this can be expensive at times. Paul Martin has appeared in many media lately but what can the rest of us do?

I would like to show that I use biodiesel by having a sticker on my number plate similar to the LPG sticker. It will be noticed by other motorists and family/friends and could generate interest.

This would be legal (in Vic) as long as the number plate wasn't obscured.

I have come up with a concept sticker (see attachment) and I would like any feedback and to know if anyone else would be interested. A pair of stickers including postage and handling will cost approx $2.50 AUD.

Cheers
    JSA
    Biofuels Forum Newbie
    Last edited by JSA; 1 August 2006, 04:05 PM.
    Jeff & Sarah (but really Sarah) ;)

Re: BIO number plate sticker

Hey Sarah, what a simple, but brilliant idea - I love it

I'm up for a couple please.

It may be better for me to ask you for a sheet of them and I can distribute them among the Sydney users next time we meet. That might save loads of little individual postage/money collection efforts on your part. Can you do the printing yourself? If so, how many could I get in a batch (maybe PM me to discuss prices for a batch)?

I've been talking about stickers for ages, but never actually enquired of anyone who makes them or sought quotes.

Cheers,
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by JSA

I believe our common goal is to promote, increase interest and develop a market for environmentally sound biofuels such as biodiesel. To achieve this goal we have to communicate. The most successful from of communication is advertising although this can be expensive at times.

No business like show business.!!!

I have come up with a concept sticker (see attachment) and I would like any feedback and to know if anyone else would be interested. A pair of stickers including postage and handling will cost approx $2.50 AUD.>>>Great Initiative...keep up the good work.We used to paint our cars in the 60's.Flower Power!!!
      "Bio Power!!!in the new mellineum".

Cheers
      Hi Sarah(Since it's only really you )
      I had a yarn with Robert the other day.Since I am in India.I offered to source out a cheap printing mob here who can do all the printing,like posters,education material,stickers ,T shirts,Caps...the lot.
      But then once an organisation is set up that will be easy to do.
      Like every workshop has a 10 pointer on the real hard facts of Bio Diesel,Bio Fuels,The environment.
      I would like to get the schools involved too.
      It's our kids ...our future.

In fact I am looking for an NGO who could takre up the assignment which then goes to value add in the whole proposition of not only promoting environment friendly solutions but also helping a organisation that is involved in empowering and enrichment of the under priviliged.
      Global Village after all.
      One clean green earth one day.We can only do it together.
      For our tomorrow... a better Tomorrow....a Simple Dream.

Keep smiling shining and getting those ideas rolling.

Cheers
      Sauman

This is a good one:
      My Father used to go to work in a Bullock Cart(Being in India).
      I drove to work
      My son will probably fly to work.
      My grandson will go back to the bullock cart.

Comment

Brilliant I would like to order a load and offer them to members of the MBDC.

Comment

Hi folks,
          In addition to Sauman's offer I have also tracked down someone locally on one of the other forums who does windscreen banners for a good price.

I reckon one across the front or back windscreen would be cool but we would have to make sure we keep our vehicles in tune so we aren't blowing any smoke!

He wanted to know what message and what dimensions and an indication of numbers and he would give us a quote if people are keen ...

Comment

Msgs:
            A sticker of the 70's comes to mind.It's a circle
            No Nuclear,No waste ,No War:
            • We could use"Bio Diesel,Clean Green Fuel,Our Future"...get behind it!!!
            • Use Bio Diesel...Be a part of the clean green world!!!
            • This car is powered by Bio Diesel.....We care for Your &Our Future.
            • BIO DIESEL-CLEAN GREEN FUEL!!!
            • THIS MONSTER GUZZLES ONLY BIO DIESEL
            • THIS IS A VEGGIE CAR...BIO DIESEL IS WHAT IT DRINKS.
            • BIO DIESEL....LIQUID GOLD
            • WE DO OUR PART...WE DRIVE ON BIO DIESEL
            • MY BABE WON'T SETTLE FOR LESS....SHE DRINKS BIO DIESEL
            I better stop.I could get carried away to my Uni days when I used to write add jingles.
            But yes Cameron.Wind screen with the stuff that glows at night.Can even be marketed as a accident prevention device.

Keep smiling and shining folks
            Cheers
            Sauman

Comment

Originally posted by JSA
              Anyone interested in a sticker for their number plate to show their use and support of BioDiesel?
              snip

Cheers
              YES!
              I am interested. It should be done on reflective, self adhesive stock, like the red ones for LPG.
              I had a couple of 25mm squares of the reflective green trialled on my car and they are unobtrusive but can be identified easily by those in the know. I even promoted this idea to the Gov't department responsible for the "green" buses in WA, running on B20, while the idea was being promoted, but there was no support there.

This is how it looks on my FATMOBILE. It is actually Green, but the photo looks Aqua.
              Tony From West Oz
              Vice Chairperson of WARFA
              Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 2 August 2006, 01:54 AM.
              Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
              '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
              '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
              '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
              '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
              '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
              '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
              '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
              '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
              '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
              '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
              '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
              '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
              Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

I am up for a few Shout if you need a hand sourcing printers for the stickers, working as a courier at the moment I deliver to quiet a few and some owe me favours.
                Dave

Comment

Send me two please and two more for spare.

Comment

I have long thought exactly about doing this, excellent it has come around.

4 stickers for me too please and let me know about money,
                    Matt
                    Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

I want some too please - so how do we organise this?

We need a stock of the stickers and we need to have paid for them and we need someone to hold the stock and forward them out on request and on receipt of payment.

Any ideas or better still volunteers?

Comment

I would like to have these available for WARFA members too. There are 70 financial members at this point in time.
                        I will discuss this with the Committee when you have the price and material worked out.
                        Please send me details for an order of that size, including postage to postcode 6112.

Keep up the good work.
                        Tony
                        Tony From West Oz
                        Vice Chairperson of WARFA
                        Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 3 August 2006, 02:13 AM.
                        Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                        '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                        '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                        '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                        '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                        '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                        '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                        '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                        '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                        '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                        '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                        '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                        '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                        Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

I don't mind organising the whole logistics.

As I can see there is a good demand and I will be able to order a bulk amount I should be able to organise a pair for $1 (less for orders > 50 pairs) and a small fee for postage and handling (Oz only). The sticker is not 3M reflective! I am researching this but having trouble finding an Australian manufacturer. They would also cost more.

I believe PayPal is the way to go for handling the transactions.

Will organise today and post better details tonight.

Cheers
                          Jeff & Sarah (but really Sarah) ;)

Comment

Great. PayPal no problem for me, just get the details when you are ready and I can order a bunch for re-distribution to the Sydney folks.
                            I'd be definitely gunning for reflective please, even if it is a little bit harder & more expensive, I reckon it is definitely worth it!
                            Robert.
                            Site Admin.

Comment

I hate to rain on everyones parade but perhaps it may be wise before people go wallpapering their numberplates, to check out the legality of attaching stickers to regoplates in each different state. I know about the LPG stickers and I believe they are a saftey notice for emergency services to know the car is gas fueled and therefore they need to implement the relevant procedures in case of an accident etc.

It may be wise to find out if any other kind of sticker is allowed on plates or if there are specific laws that say you can't put anything on a number plate in case it may be confused for an LPG sticker or something else. I know there are laws now regarding the use of number plate frames and that they cannot effect the performance of red light and speed cameras and the like so maybe there is some similar law pertaining to what can go on or in the area of a numberplate? Putting a sticker on that wasn't specifically allowed may be considered defacing the licence plate which is an offence.

I just mention this so all those little green stickers are not something that become an item of real interest to the highway patrol in their revenue raising activities. Probably not a good idea for bio to be associated with something illegal.
                              I also believe there are certain specifications as to the size a sticker on the front windscreen can be so if anyone was thinking of producing those, they may want to make sure they comply with the relevant state laws as well.

With the amount of computers and people that are desktop publishing Savvy, it may be advantageous to make the logo files available in different sizes so people can print their own stickers, t-shirts or signs. Just put the logos up in various sizes on websites such as this where they can be downloaded.

This would help spread the "branding " of the icon and as mentiond here already, it would allow people to get creative and come up with their own slogans to personalise the bio message. Wouldn't be hard to make up some templates so people could open the file in word, illustrator, Quark or whatever and type in their own message and just print it out on sticker paper, t-shirt transfer material or whatever.

If the icon got any real recognition, you could bet someone would try to make it their own and then find a way to make money off it. To avoid problems later on, I would suggest someone register the logo so they could for instance licence it free to private individuals and have control over what companies and for profit organisations did with it. I could easily see an oil company for isntance grabbing the rights to a logo already with an amount of recognition to promote an "eco friendly fuel" that may possibly not be what the bio community agree with.

May seem far fetched to think about this now but if a logo were to become popular ( and that appears to be the aim of the respondents here so far) I gaurantee someone with less than the creditable motives of the people here would try to cash in on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X