Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer/storage/filter

i get good fairly clean canola oil,hotel puts it back into 20ltr containers
    i pour 75%of each container into a 44 through a fine mesh the 44 is gas heated with an outlet 1" from the bottom.useing an old power steraing pump driven by an old elec. motor[direction important] i pump the warm oil through a cheap screw on oil filter and then through a fuel filter and then up into my holding tank.A 44 mounted ontop of another 44 so that a 1" outlet with a ball valve[and hose] is a bit higher than my filler cap. no more funnells and spills.
    the remaining 25% of each container wich useually has solid fats suspended in the oil i store until i have enough to do a 200ltr bach of bio in an old HWS
    with this system i cream off the clear golden oil while the landcruiser looks on and salavates as she just loves it. i only need to proccess the last 25%
    i have done some very crude power trials[several times over]
    the old 2h motor is very solid but not a powerhouse,on a long straight stretch in the wilderness i used the start up tank for diff fuels top speed was as follows. 100% dino diesel 125km/hr. 100% bio.diesel 125km/hr
    100% wvo 130km/hr

Re: transfer/storage/filter

Sounds excelent. My last modification to my system was a level guage made from a length of PVC conduit (guage) in a bottle (float), though a hole in the lid (and a bracket to keep it vertical) I had just taken the last availible out (the pickup is a few inches from the bottom) so marked empty, then poured 20l of oil back in to mark how high it came up.

Of course I would not have gotten covered in oil instaling it if I had done it from the start!
    cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Working...
    X