Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle-specific documents/manuals available

Hi All.

Thought I'd start this thread as a resource for engine/pump data etc.
    In case anyone needs any specs etc, please feel free to ask for a scan; or I can also just forward any requested info via email.

Please add any listings of your own service manuals etc; that way this thread can serve as a bit of a library system for everyone.

I have in my possession original copies of the following publications:

Gregory's Automotive (No 500) PATROL MQ SERIES DIESEL 1980-1987
    EXPANDED 4WD SERVICE AND REPAIR MANUAL
    (Turbo and Non-Turbo)
    First Edition, Published November 1986 (Gregory's Automotive Publications)
    ISBN 0 855 66610 2

NISSAN MODEL SD SERIES DIESEL ENGINE SD22, SD23, SD25, SD33
    SERVICE MANUAL
    Publication No. SM3E-00SDG0
    2nd Edition, Published 1983 (Nissan Motor Co. Ltd)

NB: This doesn't cover the SD33T turbo version of the engine, and any differences in the late model (post '83) SD33 non-turbo engines would likely not be covered by this manual.
    More than half of this book covers the various Kiki-Bosch IPs, looks like a very good resource for any fuel-system related information. Edit: I have just ordered a newer supplement to this manual which does include the SD33T. I will add it to the list once I have it.

NISSAN MODEL 160 & 61 SERIES SERVICE MANUAL
    Published 1980 (Nissan Motor Co. Ltd)

Standard factory manual for MQ Patrols, does not have any info on diesels (see supplement listed above)
    Edit: There are later supplements available for this base manual; but as they only cover non-engine components, the above version should be fine for most things if used with the relevant SD33 manual(s)
    gilligan
    Last edited by gilligan; 12 November 2008, 07:48 PM. Reason: Added updates and images

Re: Vehicle-specific documents/manuals available

This is a great idea however some of the manuals I have a upwards of 50MB. I'm not sure this website or Robert could cope with the increased bandwidth.
    Joe Morgan
    Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
    http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
    SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

Originally posted by joe View Post
      This is a great idea however some of the manuals I have a upwards of 50MB. I'm not sure this website or Robert could cope with the increased bandwidth.
      Hi Joe.

Maybe I need to clarify:
      I'm not talking about putting stuff up online, just a note to say 'Hey, this is what I have, if anyone needs info/scans from these books, PM me'

(I was actually referring to physical manuals, not electronic files, but that sounds good too)

I don't think we need to be storing or transferring any files through the site at all.

Dave

Comment

gilli's

mate, why??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????

i just went and bought the manual for my hilux. and now you pop this up???????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????? and it cost me 40 bucks......

anyways, i have, gregorys No 514

hilux 2wd 4wd deso engines 1988-1997 LN series 2.4 2L and 2.8 3L engines. from oct 1988 to sept 1997.

good ideas just keep coming...

cheers

H1K
        if it's FERAL, it's in PERIL.

i too belong to P.E.T.A.
        people eating tasty animals.

Comment

Vehicle-specific documents/manuals available

Gilligan,

What a Great Idea.

I would like to offer to share the electronic manuals I have for the W123 and W124 Mercedes Benz vehicles. Most engine options for these cars are covered in these manuals.
          I have also a scanned copy of the Owners Manual for a W124 300D, which I can email in 2 (pdf) files.

Please PM me with your email address, the engine model of your vehicle and the sections you are needing. I can then email the relevant sections to you. Obviously, I cannot email the whole thing because it is over 600Mb.

Regards,
          Tony
          Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
          '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
          '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
          '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
          '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
          '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
          '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
          '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
          '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
          '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
          '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
          '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
          '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
          Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

I have a PDF of the Holden Jackaroo workshop manual. It's a big file (~60MB) so rather than me email it you can download it here.
            Sean

Comment

I have placed 6 manuals for 60 and similar series Landcruisers at

workshop_manuals

Link might change sometime to http://www.peoplehelp.com.au/landcruiser

They are manuals for engine, gearbox, body, maintainence and LARGE files.

Tim
              Toyota Landcruiser 1988 HJ61 Manual Wagon
              12H-T turbo Direct Injection.
              Twin Tank setup runs on 100% WVO after warm up. 30 plate FPHE with 80°C output, 12mm fuel lines
              Start up and shut down electric fuel pump feeds IP direct.
              Front 4WDSytstems Lokka, Rear ARB airlokka for quick escapes up sandhills. Performance GTurbo with 600mm FMIC gives 450nm @ 1700rpm at 20psi boost.

Comment

just got a sd22 and tryin to put it in vitara so any help would do?? thanks Gilligan, may have to shout u when i get stuck!!!

Comment

Interesting choice of engine.
                  Are you planning on this being an SVO vehicle?
                  Not sure but I think they may have a VE type pump.

Anyway, yes I have the manual for that motor - PM me if you need any particular sections.

Dave
                  gilligan
                  Last edited by gilligan; 15 November 2008, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Hello, Gilligan if you still have NISSAN MODEL SD SERIES DIESEL ENGINE SD22, SD23, SD25, SD33
                    SERVICE MANUAL
                    Publication No. SM3E-00SDG0
                    2nd Edition, Published 1983 (Nissan Motor Co. Ltd)
                    I need pages m16 M17 m18....the online one that I downloaded is missing those pages...
                    My Problem is that I have the cylinder head off of my SD-33 M, Which was installed in my boat in 1972, and the gasket kit that I ordered has some wrong parts... After it arrived, the supplier told me that the kit is for engines from 1980 on...
                    The valve stem seals are too small, so I had to cut the valve guides down and install another type. There are not any of the large copper gaskets for the injectors...there are a lot of rubber rings, and the manual says to use them in the head gasket at the oil passages, but I can only find two places for the small ones and two for the large ones...leaving about 8-10 small ones that don't seem to go in the head gasket...I need any pictures that the service manual might have to show the actual locations for these rubber rings...the smallest ones are the same size as the small copper gaskets that go on the injector tips, but I'm pretty sure that they don't go there.
                    so I'm hoping that someone can supply the missing pages, or tell me how many rubber gaskets go in the head gasket, and where the others should go...I have the engine manual, but that doesn't say anything about the location of the O rings other than "don't forget to install the rubber rings" in the head gasket.
                    Any help would be appreciated, if I can get the engine back together, you are invited to go sailing on San Francisco Bay during the run up to the americas Cup... thank you
                    Rob

Comment

Working...
                    X