Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wast veg oil location?

Hay guys and gals
    Before I start to invest the time and money to build a processor I was wondering where do you get your oil from.?
    I just got off the phone from Associated oils these are the guys that have the oil bins at Albany Creek. I asked them what they where asking for their oil, they replied with $143 gst inclusive per 200 litters of wast oil.They said that their oil is de watered and filtered.
    This seams like a lot of money for some ones old oil.
    So what are the alternatives any help would be great thanks.

Re: Wast veg oil location?

Have you tried your local chippie?
    Sean

Comment

Yes, had a hamburger for lunch at the local fish and chip today thats how I got the info.

Comment

More news, just got off the phone from a rep. I was told that new oil is priced from $1.35 to $4.00 per litter.
        The bad news boys and girls, I was told that cooking oil will have 5x price increases over the next two years.
        A v6 on LPG is looking good right now.

Comment

The reps tend to have good coms with thier suppliers,So I belive he was telling the truth.Thanks for the aldi tip.

Comment

Re: Waste veg oil location?

Hi Slim - for goodness sake - get a bit more creative!!

Knock on some more doors, supply your own drums... do whatever it takes.

Associated pay nothing to the shops, so there is no allegiance with the shop, just work up a relationship and ask them to put it aside for you. 90% of them don't care where it goes - as long as it does go.

Gettng oil is far and away the hardest thing about making BD. organising a supply of reasonable quality used oil is your biggest hurdle.

Go get em.

Cheers,
            Paul
            Brisbane
            80 series TDi with 100K on B100
            2005 Audi A3 TDi B20-B50 60K on BD
            1993 Daihatsu Rocky - B100 20K on BD - all good!

Comment

PLEASE GUYS GO HERE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X