Biodiesel at the Bowser in Melbourne?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biodiesel at the Bowser in Melbourne?

I have been contacted by j.meadows@acfonline.org.au who wants to locate retail outlets selling biodiesel in Melb.
    Can anyone from Melb help him out?
    Tony
    The Wizard of Oz
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Re: Biodiesel at the Bowser in Melbourne?

I assume the lack of response means that there is no-one selling bio-diesel in Melbourne.

I too would like to know the answer to this question.

----------------------
    Always be part of the solution. Not part of the problem.

Comment

Yes, as far as I know, there are no retail outlets selling biodiesel in Melbourne. In fact, nor are there in most of the rest of Australia as well (shame on us)
      . (except of course for the SAFF)

There will actually be one opening in Sydney soon, with plans to expand to other areas (possibly including Melbourne) if it works out.

However, Melbourne does have a thriving (albeit understandably underground) biodiesel club - look there for some help with making some of your own, or finding someone who does. There is also a chance that they might be able to share out some legal (excise paid) biodiesel that may be trucked down as a bulk purchase for another group. Perhaps getting a look in on that might be an idea as well. Maybe Darren Leonadas could advise if and when something happens with this?
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

Hi Walrus, and Rob, and anyone else concerned.
        If anyone in the Melbourne area is looking for biodiesel, The melbourne club can help you get intouch with those who may have some to part with. Further more, get activly involved with the club, and you will have access to plenty. Otherwise if you just want to buy some (excise paid), It could be arranged that you share in purchase with CERES in a manner that Robert has set up in Sydney with the Sydney users group. This would have to be arranged with CERES, and would involve my introduction, so contact me and i'll arrange it. However CERES is trucking product down from Rutherford (excise paid) and its a little expensive, (around $1.25 per litre). With a little more active involvment from like minded people the goal of the club is to become a site group of CERES then all concerned will have access to BD, and CERES would not have to import from NSW.
        Contact me at "darren_at_biofuelsforum.com", (Note for reasons of computer generated spam '_at_' is the same as @)
        darren leonadas
        Last edited by darren leonadas; 9 January 2006, 11:55 AM.

Comment

For those up North Vic I believe B50 is available at at a Volume Plus service station at Howlong just off H31 a few kms before Wodonga in Victoria.

Comment

Originally posted by darren leonadas
            Myself and Archi. colleague Paras, and Paralegal law graduate Dan, yesterday on the shortest day of the year (boy were we all rushed) Met with Andy Fischer and Mike from SAFF to talk about this very issue. It seems as soon as SAFF can secure a blending site, its all go for Melbourne's first purely biofuels servo.
            The opportunity is there for all to become retailers of SAFF products, including "bio unleaded 95" a sexy name for E10 to sell to the petrol heads.
            So keep an eye out for dilapidated petrol stations , and more importantly in the short term keep an eye out for an old buttery, margerine factory or similar rendering plant, somewhere near the ring road for Andy to set up a blending plant.
            Cheers all, and lets look forward to a big day on saturday the 29th of July.
            Check club site for updates of further dialogue. Also all the stuff mentioned above on the 14th.
            Darren.
            Hi there Darren
            I might have something for you Send me a private msg with you tell no so I can call you or get your mate to do it It cant be permanent But I can see it working for a fair while
            Cheers
            Chris
            Cheers
            Chris
            Never give up :)

Comment

Hi Darren and all others
              I posted a "proposal" yesterday in a new thread "Who is willing to buy.....")
              to gauge demand for biodiesel So have a look at it maybe I should change the heading?
              Cheers
              Chris
              Robert
              Administrator
              Last edited by Robert; 30 June 2006, 07:49 PM.
              Cheers
              Chris
              Never give up :)

Comment

Originally posted by Tony From West Oz View Post
                I have been contacted by j.meadows@acfonline.org.au who wants to locate retail outlets selling biodiesel in Melb.
                Can anyone from Melb help him out?
                Tony
                The Wizard of Oz

Hi guys,

There is a new outlet opening up at 286 Boronia Road, Boronia on Friday 17th November at 2pm. There is also one in Ouyen, see the South Australian Farmers Fuels website

Regards

Jeff

Comment

OK, so all this news of bowsers in Melbourne, but still no one has entered them on the map.
                  It's not that hard to do. Just put the address in here to get the coordinates and then post it a an entry in the map. This will make it easy for people to find locations in the one spot, rather than having to trawl through many different threads.
                  Robert.
                  Site Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                    OK, so all this news of bowsers in Melbourne, but still no one has entered them on the map.
                    It's not that hard to do. Just put the address in here to get the coordinates and then post it a an entry in the map. This will make it easy for people to find locations in the one spot, rather than having to trawl through many different threads.
                    Hi Robert,

I just had a shot at putting the new Melborne outlet on the map without success. It might be me or Mac unfriendly.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                    X