Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Workshops Anyone???

Hi,
    Man I'm new to all this and some things I just can't gete my head around.
    Surely it can't be that easy to run a car off wvo?
    Why isn't everyone doing it?

Are there any planned workshops or help meetings in Sydney during October or Byron?
    What about Woodford?
    Anyone got any leads???

Re: Looking for Workshops Anyone???

Why isn't everyone doing it? From my expirence most people say one of the following.
    1 I dont have a diesel.
    2 my diesel is too new and I dont want to stuff it up.
    3 my diesel is too old and it is not worth the effort.
    4 waste vegetable oil is a limted supply, so if everyone uses it society will run out of it.

Yes I know, change "waste vegetable oil" for "fossil fuel" in the last one and it makes a lot more sense.

Mind you running a car on waste vegetable oil is a bit like painting. It isn't that hard to do , but is hard to do well.
    cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

hi dont despair, Begin by gathering info theres lots out there,plus you have to be brave enough to experiment.[and accept the f ups]
      ive done well over 80,000ks on wvo in my hj60 landcruiser its running as sweet as ever[i am an optermist, smokes alot on start up] but fair go its got nearly 1/2 million ks on the clock. In that time ive prob. saved around $10,000 in fuel in the last few yrs.
      i do intend to post some photos and hope they might help someone
      keep reading

Comment

Hi Toby,

I concur with what these guys have said.

Plus, in my opinion it is that easy - assuming you are good with using your commonsense.

People aren't generally doing it yet because
        1) most people don't know about it
        2) people just don't believe it, they first say, like you did, "If that is the case why isn't everyone doing it?" - ironic hey..
        3) most people are so damn busy, they just haven't, or don't want to make the time.
        4) people just follow others, like sheep, without questioning and searching for another way.

In my opinion, if done right, there are some fairly promising opportunities for people like us to develop this field and in years to come lead it in Australia.

My thoughts

Jason
        1977 240D Twin Tank

Comment

We have been using used cooking oil as my fuel of choice in our family cars for the past 6 years. We have changed a couple of the cars for various reasons, none of which were fuel related (except when the Mrs changed from a petrol engined car to a diesel engined car).
          We have covered in excess of 100 000km on used cooking oil either as biodiesel, biodiesel/UCO blend or as straight veggie oil (UCO).
          My 2 MB 300Ds are set up with a 2 tank conversion of my design and the Mrs' car is also a 300D, with a single tank conversion to use Biodiesel/UCO blend. (She does not wish to need to change tanks at the start and end of each journey)
          I have been co-presenting biofuel workshops at the UWA for a few years and earlier this year, we travelled to Melbourne, Mt Gambier and Adelaide to present workshops at those cities. We presented our 13th Workshop, in Perth, 2 weeks ago.
          Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
          '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
          '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
          '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
          '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
          '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
          '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
          '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
          '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
          '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
          '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
          '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
          '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
          Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Giday Toby,
            My f250 owes me $100,000, i have done 30,000 kms on waste veggie with no problems, check it out in user conversions, don't be scared of converting to veggie, believe me it does work.
            cheers mark
            2003 F250 powerstroke 100,000km
            3 cly deutz diesel
            2 cly deutz diesel
            1994 2.8lt hilux 50,000km

Comment

Working...
            X