Help required for a school science project on biofuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help required for a school science project on biofuel

Hello everyone, i am a new member to this forum an i am from the state of assam in india..
    I am a class XI student and i need to make a science project for the school science exhibition on bio-fuels.. I am unable to decide a sub-topic.. Can anyone help me please!!!!
    I am in real tension..

So now i decided to make a project on how to make bio-diesel.. Is it a good topic..
    The exhibiton is very near. So i am in need of the required data please. can anyone help me.
    If there is any other good and easier topic please specify..

And please note that i should be able to make it withing a day..

Thanx in advance hoping that someone will help me.. at least the moderators.

u can also mail me at friend_sunit@yahoo.co.in

Re: Help required for a school science project on biofuel

Many people run their cars on straight vegetable oil. Rather than making the oil thin by making biodiesel, other people thin it by mixing it with vegetable oil, or heating it using the water that cools the engine. (it is necesary to start the car on normal diesel to get it hot, and flush the diesel out when finished)

If you get some containers, and put a small hole in the bottom, you can tell how thick or thin the oil is by how fast it will drain through it. You could compare normal diesel, hot and cold vegetable oil (or tallow, made from animal fats) They should go through at a similar speed to diesel.

Best of luck
    cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Re: Help required for a school science project on biofuel

Dogwood Energy
      http://dogwoodenergy.com/

hey captain i sent this to the student also hope we helped in some way i am a new lad on the block and i hope to be here for a while i am recearching bio-fuel technology and seriously concidering a crop on my property i couldn't help but notice but "jatropha curcas" and "jatropha gossyfolia" {bellyache bush} were referred to as the same bush however they are not acording to W Parsons & E Cuthbertson in there book "Noxious Weeds of Australia} Pages 429-430.
      this would no doubt change there bad reputation as noxious weeds wouln't you agree ? different genus same oil production

Comment

Working...
      X