SVO and Peugeot 406 wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVO and Peugeot 406 wagon

Hi evryone, has anyone had experience or knowledge of using SVO in a peugeot 406 wagon?

Re: SVO and Peugeot 406 wagon

Good to hear your enquiry. Probbly some good information to have also would be year, and what type of injector pump they have, as some are good for veg , some not so (cav and lucas I believe).

I guess there are 2 broad ways to go, either an elsbett conversion (one tank, new injectors and modified pump, but can only run on liquid oils) or a heated two tank system (start on diesel, then switch to veg oil, finish on diesel)

If going 2 tank you will need to decide are, where will you add another tank (popular choices are under the bonnet, in the spare wheel well, and adding an outboard fuel tank.) as well as how the heating will work, and change over device to switch between the fuels.

Some items to ponder.
    cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Echidna
      either an elsbett conversion (one tank, new injectors and modified pump, but can only run on liquid oils) or a heated two tank system (start on diesel, then switch to veg oil, finish on diesel)
      Elsbett does a 1-tank or a 2-tank system depending on which car it is for. The Elsbett 1-tank system does not include a modified pump and you can run on 100% SVO, 100% diesel or any mix of the two. Biodiesel is not mentioned in their manual but I reckon you could also use that. Elsbett recommends using SVO which meets the Weihenstephan standard. http://www.elsbett.com

Another German company is Wolf Pflanzenoeltechnik. German-only website: http://www.wolf-pflanzenoel-technik.de/

Comment

Please correct me if I am wrong on this but I beleive the later model 406 diesel was the HDi motor?

Else please be our guinea pig but if its an older type 2000 model then its mechanical injection and a whole lot safer, as far as I know. If its past 2002/2003 then its almost definately a HDi.

Owning a 307 HDi I would be strongly suggesting you go the bio route with the HDi engine. My main reason is the injectors, they are not the mechanical pintle type you have in older mechanical diesels at all, they are a piezo semiconducor type which injects 4 or 5 times per stoke. Yours will be quite similar I believe and if so you are lookign at $1000 approx per injector to replace minimum.

Regards,
        Matt
        Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Working...
        X