Toyota wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota wheel

Had a flat on the farm yesterday went to wind down the spare from my 2001 GXL 100 and no spare tyre. Some bugga had stolen it

Where can I buy one from cheaper than the stealership and relatively quickly.

Peter<><

Re: Toyota wheel

Try a wreckers (Auto dismantler) near you.
    Try Fleabay and other online auction houses.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

I was concerned about faults in a wheel from a wrecker???

Peter<><

Comment

Originally posted by PeterAC View Post
        I was concerned about faults in a wheel from a wrecker???

Peter<><

I'm almost certain the accident was actually the other blokes fault.

Comment

While you may get wheels with faults from a wrecker, you will get a wheel and tyre for less than the price of either from a other sources. They should guarantee the wheel/tyre for 30 days at least, against damage existing at the time of purchase. A good look at the tyre and wheel should cover most of the likely issues.
          I have purchased wheels and tyres from wreckers and had no problems with them. Others may have different experiences

Regards,
          Tony
          Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Previous Vehicles:
          '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
          '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)

Comment

Ok, went and bought 2nd hand wheel for the cruiser at local wrecker for $90. Appears fine so I'll take it to a tyre place tomorrow. Thanks for advice.

Any thoughts on how to secure the wheel/tyre to underside of the GXL100 so that people I don't know can't borrow this one to add to their collection

Peter<><

Comment

Any thoughts on how to secure the wheel/tyre to underside of the GXL100 so that people I don't know can't borrow this one to add to their collection

Peter<><
              Organic burgular alarm.

Chain a dog up to ya tow bar. That should slow em down a bit.

Comment

Let the air out

Previous Vehicles:

Comment

Thankyou,

both very useful ideas. I suppose i could put it on the front passenger seat but haven't figured out where to put the wife.

Nooooo!!

I know what you might be thinking. She won't be fitted under the car in its place as she may get stolen too. They'll nick anything of value around here

Peter<><

Comment

I did see someone make a spare wheel mount inside the car at the back. Sat upright on one side.
                    Captain Echidna
                    Last edited by Captain Echidna; 13 March 2010, 09:29 PM.
                    cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Thankyou,

both very useful ideas. I suppose i could put it on the front passenger seat but haven't figured out where to put the wife.

Nooooo!!

I know what you might be thinking. She won't be fitted under the car in its place as she may get stolen too. They'll nick anything of value around here

Peter<><
                      sit her on the roof rack. At least she can spot a good parking spot at the local shops!

Comment

I want to avoid using up internal space. I was looking at some kind of locking mechanism for the original setup.

One suggestion to me was (going from the inside of the vechicle)to put some sort of bolt that can be screwed down in the way of the access to the lowering mechanism. This would effectively interfere with the tool (the thief dirtbag has to lower the wheel from its undercar recess) getting to its connection point where it does its job. When I need to access it I up screw the bolt allowing my lowering tool to get where it needs to go.

If this has already been invented someone tell me where I can buy one!

Peter<><

Comment

If there is a hole in the bumper or rear bodywork which is used to access the winch, can you source a lockable cover for this access point?

Regards,
                          Tony

Previous Vehicles:

Comment

I thought the same as there is that cover but the bumper is also plastic so any lockable cover would probably be easily prised off with a screw driver.

Peter<><

Comment

you could try adapting the steel plate and studs that support the wheel so that the wheel locks to the winch chain. Maybe incorporating one of those locking wheel nuts that people use to secure their spare wheel? I am sure there is a simple way to do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X