X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errrr G'Day

Hello Everyone

Just registered on the forum and thought I would give a quick intro etc

I live in the Blue mountains West of Sydney for those that don't know, I am going to start BD production asap but have just moved into a new home so have other things to do at the moment, The new house came with a shed 8m x 8m and a 2.7 mtr ceiling, plenty of room for BD brewing !!!

I drive a Hilux 2wd Twin cab ute with a 3.0L engine, pulls like the proverbial train, half a ton in the back and you don't even know it !!!

I'm going to buy a small diesel engine, probabably an old VW golf as a test engine and to generate electricity at home for in the shed at first and then maybe power the whole house with it with a bit of luck, Selectronic just released a new 3kW inverter series, 12v - 240v true sine wave machine.

Catch you all

Regards
    The Fat Man

Re: Errrr G'Day

Brilliant! Look forward to hearing about it. Running the house on biodiesel from a generator - love it.

There are also some other people in the Blue Mountains who have now appeared in the forum. Lucas is in Leura and he has recently posted in this thread here, so maybe you want to private message him and see if you can get a local scene going. I know he's looking at buying some, so maybe you could join in to make the purchase easier? Perhaps when you start making it, you might have some ready local customers, or even folk willing to split the purchase of chemicals etc so you can buy in bulk. (Of course selling it, or even making it would be illegal unless you were properly registered with the tax office, but we'll all assume that you already are. If you are powering your house with it and not driving on the road with it, I don't think there are any taxes covering this!)
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Working...
    X