Bowser servicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowser servicing

I have got my hands on a diesel bowser, its a few year sold and is not pumping well, I have got it working but its only going at about 1 litres every 20 seconds, very slow. Anyone know anyone or anything about Gilbarco diesel bowsers, it probably 10 to 15 years old at least, digital display (LCD with multiple IC pcb, discrete TTL chips) so I am getting here, would love it to work to pump.

Matt

Might have to ring the dealers but I am sure they will ask what the heck are you doing with one of these!
    Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Re: Bowser servicing

Don't ring the dealers, find out who the servicing guys are. You occasionally see them at servos fixing up pumps. Has it got its own pump? If so I would start there.
    Johnnojack
    4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
    Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far sigpic

Comment

Hi Matt

Gilbarco Australia are at 47 Longland St, Newstead QLD 4006(07) 3872 4320. Can't miss the place, heaps of old pumps out front.

I use to work at Newstead and remembered seeing it. I've also done a fuel industry induction thing and there is lots of safety stuff you have to know when working at a servo, but have no idea what you may need to use a pump at home privately.

Give them a ring but don't give out too much until you think they will fix it for you without the third degree. Well thats the approach I'd take.

Cheers

Daniel
      How many times did edison fail at making the light bulb?

"the things I don't know" site:biofuelsforum.com

My 86 HiLux makes me wonder what the poor people drive :P>

Comment

Good ideas guys, much along my own approach, I can imagine what would happen if it got official. Your doing what????

Will contact a mobile guy or approach a friendly service station owner and see who they use.

Below the radar approach.
        See how it goes. Can't live with out it, it seems, jerry cans are only so much fun for a short time.
        Biodiesel Bandit

Comment

Got a freelancer, my only issue was a locked nozzle fliter, did not know they had one, looks like bits of dirt and rust from the bowsers internals. Now to pumping bio!!!!

I think I am going to like this thing.

Matt
          Biodiesel Bandit

Comment

Nice matt,

Now were do I go to fill up?

Awesome little addition to the setup.

No chance of getting withdrawls from not going to a servo now.

Cheers

Daniel
            How many times did edison fail at making the light bulb?

"the things I don't know" site:biofuelsforum.com

My 86 HiLux makes me wonder what the poor people drive :P>

Comment

Originally posted by wheelbarrow View Post
              Just need a cash register and some 3 day old sandwiches for $9 each on the kitchen bench and you will be set?
              cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Ummm, not sure I will say where it is (PM me perhaps) but its plumbed in and working, not sure if I can do without one now. Clean the filters, pour fuel in here till it starts pumping and do that pipe back up, non return valve (Viton like a bath plug) and bolt itI down. 240VAC here (I'm and Elec eng and love organic chemistry and a greenie) and there is nothing like making your own fuel.. It measures, bills (40, 50 60, 70 or 80 c per litre???)

Was shown how to set it up, said I just missed four more of them but will keep my eyes open, anyone interetsted? I highly recommend one.

Interestingly he said that bio was damging filters in these things, I have had this going for a few years now and apart from the filters and a new belt its been going great guns. My fuel mst be a bit better than the commercial stuff, he had some horror stories about what is being sold currently.

Matt

Still smile going past the servo.
                Matt
                Last edited by Matt; 3 July 2010, 09:04 AM.
                Biodiesel Bandit

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  . It measures, bills (40, 50 60, 70 or 80 c per litre???)
                  I would set the "price" at what you saving, either grams of CO2 or cents.
                  cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Well said Daniel, yes its always amused me that its so easy to do without going to buy the stuff, although making bio does cost me a bit its better than the alternatives.

I really hope a few realisations sink in nationally otherwise its all downhill.

Matt

Originally posted by wheelbarrow View Post
                    Nice matt,

Now were do I go to fill up?

Awesome little addition to the setup.

Cheers

Daniel
                    Biodiesel Bandit

Comment

Working...
                    X