Cant get it off!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant get it off!!!

i have just bought myself a ford courier 02 TD, im trying to remove my fuel filter but cannot get it off!! i am using one of the filter rachet but to no avail...i have even tried wd40...please help..

puff

Re: Cant get it off!!!

This might sound really stupid, but are you turning it the correct way?

Looking down from above it should turn clockwise.

Comment

I've found the best tool to remove stuck filters is a leather belt. Loop the belt through the buckle back on itself and around the filter so when you pull the end of the belt, it tightens on the filter. The idea is to have the leather automatically tighten on the filter and twist it undone as you increase the force. I have never found a filter tthat wont come off like this. Although you can drive a screwdriver through the filter too...

Comment

undo the 2 bolts holding the filter housing to its braket,. turn the filter housing upsidedown so filter is stickin up in air, screw the housing back to the braket like this,now put ya removel tool on it and undo it.... it helps when ya can get a good go at it like this...

and what is this doing in this section?????

is it really THAT hard to work out where to put things in a forum...

Comment

Thread relocated to off-topic section

If it is like the MB diesel fuel filters, the bolt that the filter threads onto must be tightened once the ner filter is snugged up. It cannot be removed unless this bolt is loosened first.

Regards,
          Tony
          Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
          '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
          '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
          '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
          '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
          '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
          '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
          '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
          '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
          '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
          '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
          '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
          '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
          Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Working...
          X