Storage/ transfer drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage/ transfer drums

While on a scrounge today, I came across these drums I thought may be of interest to the good members of the Bio Fuels community.

As well as the normal screw type lid, these drums also have a built in pouring spout! I think these would be very handy for storing your home brew BD and transferring it into your favourite oil burning transportation. The spout folds flat and has a nifty little plastic ring pull arrangement so the handy little fitting can be withdrawn. The spout has the black plastic screw lid as shown so they can be resealed. Perfect for taking with you on that long trip where you need to refill the tank along the way or if the Mrs gets thirsty and your desperate to fix that squeaking sound that always eminates from the area of the front seat.

These drums would be easy to fill through the normal lid and with it undone, the BD should come out with no glugging and spillage. You would still need a funnel to put the BD in your car ( maybe not?) but I think these drums would be much easier to pour from by having a smooth flow and no lip that makes pouring full drums without spilling some on your new moccasins a dam near impossibility no matter which way you hold the buggers.

Now, if you think these would be a good idea and would like to get your enviromentally friendly oily mitts on some, your next thought turns to the important criteria of " owmucharethey?".
    The good news is they meet my own official standards and guidelines in the cost factor department by being FREE!
    Yep, If there is one thing I like better than something useful, it's something useful that you can get your hands on for Nix!

So, " Wheredayergitit?...
    This ripper idea and boon to those suffering from the coursed " BD Drip" that renders your driveway a lawsuit just waiting to happen, should be available from all truck service centres and mechanics that use this type of oil ( I suppose!). Just look for the can Pictured below. Maybe there are other products and brands that have Shanghaied the idea, but this is the one I found today.
    ( I wonder how much it costs to give an oil tin that usually gets thown away after just one use a fancy paint job like that anyway??)

My local truck mechanic had shiploads of these innovations cluttering up his driveway and I'm sure most places up to their airhorns in emptys would be happy for you to relieve them of a dozen or 20 as well.

Re: Storage/ transfer drums

Yeah, those RX drums are really handy. I have a heap of them around as I've done about 360,000kms, so that's a few oil changes!!!

Do you know of any after market nozzles which will fit onto that thread? I'd love to get into moulding my own plastics, and that might be an easy starting point. I've had a look at a lot of products, but they are either a little too big or too small.

Cheers, Steve.

ps. I love the tarp backdrop. It'd look great if backlit a little more.

Comment

Working...
    X