RFA's website and info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFA's website and info.

Just stumbled over RFA's website and decided that I would have a look around to see what is there for BD.

Found this in their FAQ's for BD

Will biodiesel be more expensive?
    Due to rising oil prices biodiesel is becoming more competitive and currently enjoys the benefits of having no excise tax for the next 5 years in Australia.

My question is to those that are more learned than me is WHY do people like the RFA have to say that BD enjoys the benifits of having no excise?

This is just plainly incorrect. BD is excised and peoples you must pay excise on BD. The thing that BD does have AT THE MOMENT is a Fuel Grant to cover the excise but you have to go through a WHOLE process to get it back

Why do they have to confuse and compound the issue we have in getting people to stand up and be counted when it comes to excise, telling people that it is excise free just creates a false sense of security and gives people the wrong impression about the sitution and does not let them face facts that the GOV should be allowing it to be excise free and are not

Has anyone had a go at people like RFA to get this information corrected?
    Dave

Re: RFA's website and info.

Who are RFA and could you provide a link to their site?
    Mazda's Secret Service motto: "Tell 'em nothing, charge 'em double".

Comment

http://www.renewablefuels.com.au/biodiesel_facts.html

Sorry
      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Jacka
        Just stumbled over RFA's website and decided that I would have a look around to see what is there for BD.

Found this in their FAQ's for BD

Will biodiesel be more expensive?
        Due to rising oil prices biodiesel is becoming more competitive and currently enjoys the benefits of having no excise tax for the next 5 years in Australia.

My question is to those that are more learned than me is WHY do people like the RFA have to say that BD enjoys the benifits of having no excise?

This is just plainly incorrect. BD is excised and peoples you must pay excise on BD. The thing that BD does have AT THE MOMENT is a Fuel Grant to cover the excise but you have to go through a WHOLE process to get it back

Why do they have to confuse and compound the issue we have in getting people to stand up and be counted when it comes to excise, telling people that it is excise free just creates a false sense of security and gives people the wrong impression about the sitution and does not let them face facts that the GOV should be allowing it to be excise free and are not

Has anyone had a go at people like RFA to get this information corrected?

I guess from the point of view of someone commercially producing biodiesel, the fact that they get a rebate equal to the excise would tend to make them publicise it as "excise free". I know that when I buy bio, a small part of the satisfaction is that the govt is not making so much out of the transaction.

It is also a warning to anyone who would normally qualify for a rebate due to their usage of diesel (mining, farming, haulage) that they won't get it if they try to do the right thing and use bio.

So, although they are not strictly correct, I don't believe that they are being deliberately misleading.
        Why not try writing them a letter and maybe suggest better wording for their publicity?
        ..Neil

VW Touareg R5 TDI

Comment

Working...
        X