Prostrate Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prostrate Cancer

Just a timely reminder that if any of you blokes are 50 plus and have not had PSA levels checked for 6 months or more - go get the blood test done.

Had mine done last week and tested positive. No symptoms were evident but I have caught the cancer early and removal of the gland will give me a 99% chance of a cure.

Did you know more men die from prostat cancer than women die from breast cancer? Also more men die with prostat cancer than from the cancer- in other words they may die from a heart attack but unknowingly also had PC.

Don't be shy about it, just go and do it.
    Slippery
    Small steps taken one at a time.

re: Prostrate Cancer

???SPELLING??? - should of course be Prostate.
    Slippery

Comment

re: Prostrate Cancer

Gday Slippery,What you are going through now i went through earlier this year.I also had no symptoms.Also i was advised that if you have sons that they start having PSA tests when they hit 40 as it can be hereditary. Regards Westwinds

Comment

Re: Prostrate Cancer

Originally posted by Slippery View Post
        ???SPELLING??? - should of course be Prostate.
        Fixed - I gotta love these Moderator Tools.

I support your warning to our community. My sister died 3 years after having major surgery on her bowel due to cancer.
        My brothers and I now have regular colonoscopy to identify any issues before they are big enough to result in the same fate as our sister.

I will be checking with my GP to have the PSA test done from now on.

You gotta look after yourself.

Tony
        Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
        '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
        '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
        '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
        '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
        '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
        '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
        '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
        '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
        '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
        '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
        '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
        '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
        Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Well I hope all will be ok. My wife seems to think that I think Bio Diesel fixes everything. I guess it doesn't.

Anyway, hope you are ok.
          97 Jeep XJ Cherokee on B100. 0 km's on B100 and counting !!!! (Sold)
          2002 Merc ML270 now on B100. (Sold)
          2006 Ssangyong Musso 2.9 t idi (Sold)
          2015 NP300 Navara ( Sold )
          2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Stainless processor with blue water pump.
          Tetragonula Hockingsi

Take the Leap and grow wings on the way down

Comment

I'd like to share my uncle's experience... Maybe this will help...

My uncle had prostate problems for the last three years and was getting steadily worse. He tried our neighbor's Chi Machine and purchased one. He didn't get relief right away, but he kept using the machine. he told me that began to feel a tingling sensation from his feet to his head and that's when the burning sensation that he had been experiencing when urinating and the frequent trips to the bathroom at night disappeared.

Comment

JanR,

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of quacky remedies if you look for them and they may well work to relieve some of the symptoms but I doubt that they will kill the cancer.

If you have not watched the film "The Worlds Fastest Indian" then there is a funny scene in there where our hero meets an old red indian medicine man. The medicine man recommended an ancient red indian cure for the problem - ground up dogs balls.

For me though, I think I prefer the clean cut modern technological relief and certain knowledge that the cancer is gone.
              Slippery

Comment

Working...
              X